does Meyer Hatchery have good, consistent egg-layers??????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Taylor, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    I like meyers prices but i don't want sickly, bad egg layers, ya know what i mean! [​IMG] if not meyer who do you reccomend and what breed?

2. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Meyer has consistent healthy hatchery stock. If you select good laying breeds, you will have good layers.

My birds have all be healthy and happy from them. They're as good as any of the major hatcheries.

In general, you won't win any shows with hatchery birds, but you will get lots of eggs!

3. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    If you want the best layers get ISA Browns fro Townline hatchery. They will out lay anyother bird. www.townlinehatchery.com

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

I've gotten ISA from Townline and the Golden Buff sex link from Meyers. They are equally nice birds. You couldn't go wrong with either. Over 300 eggs their pullet year of laying. Huge brown eggs. Really nice personality birds. Small body size. Great feed conversion.

5. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    I got Columbian Wyandottes from Meyer last year & they are laying like crazy 10-12 eggs per day from 13. They are nice looking birds for hatchery stock. I'm very happy with them.

6. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Almost all layers are from meyers and none of them have any problems. Mine are all healthy with no issues.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by