Does my frizzle have a cold?

Cosmickitty

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2021
Texas, Coastal Bend
I feel like something is wrong with this 4 week old bantam frizzle I just got. I know literally nothing about chickens really so I have nothing to judge it on but she seems to be breathing audibly while the others are not. She’s also doing what sounds to me like sneezing, but I couldn’t get it on video.

I brought them home Saturday, my son picked them out and they looked fine to me. Sunday and yesterday this one looked worse than she does today. Yesterday it seemed like she was occasionally mouth breathing, also there were some snot bubble type things a few times I checked on her. She would lay down in the middle of the brooder with her eyes closed.

Today she looks much better, but still not the same as the others. Do chickens get colds? I read vetRX was good for the type of issues it sounds like she has, is that correct?

Attachments

• 81E10FC2-B8AD-4A93-99EE-1F962E9426FC.jpeg
    81E10FC2-B8AD-4A93-99EE-1F962E9426FC.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 14
It may be a respiratory virus suddenly flaring up due to the stress of the move and is producing symptoms. If this chick is in quarantine, keep her there and don't expose your flock to her until all symptoms are gone. VetRX is a good product and can help with the symptoms, though it won't cure anything.

If the symptoms get worse, the chick may need a round of an oral antibiotic.

It may be a respiratory virus suddenly flaring up due to the stress of the move and is producing symptoms. If this chick is in quarantine, keep her there and don't expose your flock to her until all symptoms are gone. VetRX is a good product and can help with the symptoms, though it won't cure anything.

If the symptoms get worse, the chick may need a round of an oral antibiotic.
I have fish mox, enthrotex, and doxycycline any of those good for chicken respiratory issues?

Back
Top Bottom