Does she sound hoarse, or is this just how her quack is?

Saigey

Songster
Jun 16, 2019
Alabama, USA
I'm inventing scenarios in my head about her swallowing a feather when she was little and it's stuck in her vocal chords or something. She doesn't have the same whisper as my drake.

I'm inventing scenarios in my head about her swallowing a feather when she was little and it's stuck in her vocal chords or something. She doesn't have the same whisper as my drake.
As long as she is healthy she is fine does she cough or choke?? It could just be her own little unique voice as well

As long as she is healthy she is fine does she cough or choke?? It could just be her own little unique voice as well
She's always had a little hoarse kind of sound in her voice, even at a couple of days old. They are just now at 10 weeks. Occasionally she'll get a little choked, but it's no more often than her sister, and none of them have ever been frothing at the mouth choked. They just get overenthusiastic mouthfuls on occasion, nothing that drinking water hasn't fixed.

She's always had a little hoarse kind of sound in her voice, even at a couple of days old. They are just now at 10 weeks. Occasionally she'll get a little choked, but it's no more often than her sister, and none of them have ever been frothing at the mouth choked. They just get overenthusiastic mouthfuls on occasion, nothing that drinking water hasn't fixed.
It is just probably the way she sounds then. she is beautiful is she a call duck ??!

It is just probably the way she sounds then. she is beautiful is she a call duck ??!
She is! Her name is Cap, and she and her sister Loki are snowy calls, both 10 weeks old. Downey is my sweet cuddly drake, he's an Australian Spotted boy and just turned 2 years old.

Attachments

• 20210813_010708.jpg
    20210813_010708.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210818_184603.jpg
    20210818_184603.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom