Sneezing Runner Duck?

Keep us posted. And read up on using Oxine! We just got over a rainy period here and I heard a few sneezes. I've been misting the ducks with the Oxine solution a couple times a day and it seems
to have cleared it up 😊
See we've just had a rainy period here too and it's started to clear up, finally! I ordered some VetRX poultry aid that had good reviews so I will try that. If there is no change after a few days I will contact the vets. I will also see if I can get some oxine!

See we've just had a rainy period here too and it's started to clear up, finally! I ordered some VetRX poultry aid that had good reviews so I will try that. If there is no change after a few days I will contact the vets. I will also see if I can get some oxine!
Amazon has it, but sadly the won't sip it to me in Hawaii. I mix it 6.5 oz per gallon of water. I e been misting their pen with it daily after cleaning it and it has eliminated the smell which I'm very happy about. I also noticed one of my girls has some pretty big pressure sores on the bottoms of her feet and they have shrunken a lot too. I think Oxine has been a game changer around here.
Thank you to all the good people on this forum for turning me onto it!

Now I'm trying out Lactic Acid Bacteria serum- it's used in Korean Natural Farming. Will post about it once I get it going.

Anyway here's the link to Oxine
https://a.co/d/8MuViaS

I have an update for you all!
So my female runner has been coughing less, however the second I let her out to forage she started up again! To make matters worse, I noticed my male runner also coughing slightly. I'm worried that maybe it's their coop? I noticed it is a bit dusty in there and there are some cobwebs so tomorrow it's getting a full clean out! Also we ran out of straw last week so I had to substitute with some shredded paper, which maybe has affected them? I really don't know, but I will be calling the vet on Monday morning.

The vetRX has been doing good and my female runner duck wasn't coughing until we let her out to forage. My male runner has only just started coughing this evening though. I'll give the coop a good clean out tomorrow, I'll give them some more vetRX and update after calling the vets.

You might want to stop using straw and try pine shaving it absorbs so much better than straw which doesn’t absorb at all. Hopefully cleaning will help too. My coops are do for a spring cleaning too.

You might want to stop using straw and try pine shaving it absorbs so much better than straw which doesn’t absorb at all. Hopefully cleaning will help too. My coops are do for a spring cleaning too.
I'll have to check around to see where I can find some, but I will definitely change over! My biggest worry is that I don't know what has caused this and I'm worried about losing my babies... Their brother passed suddenly a month ago. He had hip dysplasia and was struggling more than normal, but by the time I had spoken to the vets about upping his medicine he had passed. I don't know how I'd handle losing any more of my ducks...

I'll have to check around to see where I can find some, but I will definitely change over! My biggest worry is that I don't know what has caused this and I'm worried about losing my babies... Their brother passed suddenly a month ago. He had hip dysplasia and was struggling more than normal, but by the time I had spoken to the vets about upping his medicine he had passed. I don't know how I'd handle losing any more of my ducks...
If you have a vet that will see them by all means go that route.

if you are in the US most feed stores carry pine shavings Or the ones around here do TSC does.

Yes! I recommend pine shavings too. It's all I use for duck bedding because it doesn't get moldy. Any feed store should carry it by the bail. And a deep clean and airing out of the coop will help too.

And if the vet is an option, I definitely think it's time to see them.

I have another update!
VetRX cured my baby girl! She is no longer coughing! However, my males must have caught her cough but I am treating them with the same medicine twice a day and have been since this weekend so that should cure them too. I definitely recommend it for anyone experiencing the same thing.

The boys are also eating, drinking, preening, washing, foraging and mating as usual, they just have the occasional cough. The medicine is definitely helping them though! Thank you everyone for your help!

Yay! That's great news! I'm glad the VetRX is working for you! I've had mixed results with it.
It's so empowering when we are able to treat and repair our animals ourselves!

Back
Top Bottom