Does the sound of a rooster crowing bother you?

WiddleChix

Songster
6 Years
Jul 15, 2016
California
I live in the outskirts of my town and from all around me I can hear atleast 2-3 neighbors who own roosters that crow all day long, and dogs who bark all day long... The sound of either has never bothered me. Is anyone else not bothered by it or is it just me, in fact I like to know that I live in an area where people can confidentially keep animals that other places wouldn't permit. I have dogs who bark all day and a rooster learning to crow and I kinda like it lol :p

My coop is only about 20 feet from my bedroom window. If we forget to close the window at night, we do get woken by crowing at 4 in the morning. Other than that, the crowing is not bothersome. Yapping dogs are much more obnoxious.

I live out in the country and love hearing the neighbors' roosters crowing, cows mooing, etc. I also like hearing the wild creatures like coyotes , owls, etc (even tho they are chicken predators.) And the insects...katydid, crickets, cicadas---it's music as far as I'm concerned. When I visit kids in the city, I miss all these sounds.

My coop is only about 20 feet from my bedroom window. If we forget to close the window at night, we do get woken by crowing at 4 in the morning. Other than that, the crowing is not bothersome. Yapping dogs are much more obnoxious.

For many years the neighbors on both sides of me and across the street had roosters that crowed. After awhile you get used to it, and it doesn't bother you anymore. I now have chickens of my own, so the neighbors can listen to mine crow now, too. Most dogs barkings do not bother me much, except for one little black poodle mix next door that barks constantly at everything and anything.

I live out in the country and love hearing the neighbors' roosters crowing, cows mooing, etc. I also like hearing the wild creatures like coyotes , owls, etc (even tho they are chicken predators.) And the insects...katydid, crickets, cicadas---it's music as far as I'm concerned. When I visit kids in the city, I miss all these sounds.

Me too! It's just so peaceful to me I love hearing all the sounds and I see that people don't like dogs barking, roosters crowing, horses neighing etc, and I can't see myself ever finding it irritating... It's natural and I really love hearing them speak with the rest of the world lol

I love a rooster crowing, ducks quacking, geese honking, cats meowing, but I CANNOT stand dogs barking. It drives me crazy.
Ditto to that. The sounds of poultry are music to my ears. And I absolutely LOVE a rooster's crow. Especially a roo that has that "classic" crow. You know, the one you hear in your head when you think "rooster." Of course, some don't have it. Some just open their mouths and they sound like a cat that got its tail stepped on. (Bless their hearts!) Obnoxious dogs annoy the daylights out of me. The ones that bark at the air. Even though I own four, they know what "Be quiet!" and "Shhh!" means.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Ditto to that. The sounds of poultry are music to my ears. And I absolutely LOVE a rooster's crow. Especially a roo that has that "classic" crow. You know, the one you hear in your head when you think "rooster." Of course, some don't have it. Some just open their mouths and they sound like a cat that got its tail stepped on. (Bless their hearts!) Obnoxious dogs annoy the daylights out of me. The ones that bark at the air. Even though I own four, they know what "Be quiet!" and "Shhh!" means.
big_smile.png
Yes! My dog barks all the time for no apparent reason. After a couple barks I yell "Shut up!" The little dogs are the most annoying, especially Chihuahuas. I'm like
barnie.gif

I can stand the sound of dogs barking, I swear everyone one of my neighbors has several dogs I hear them all day. Not to mention my two, they only bark when they actually hear something though and it doesn't really bother me all that much.

Yes! My dog barks all the time for no apparent reason. After a couple barks I yell "Shut up!" The little dogs are the most annoying, especially Chihuahuas. I'm like
barnie.gif
Oh I know! A shrill yap yap yap is just...awful! One of ours is a chihuahua mix. He's got to be about 98% chihuahua though and he, by far, has the loudest mouth. I'll be honest...I've thrown a couple of his toys at him to shut him up. He's usually a good listener though!
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom