Does this chick look normal or is something really wrong here?

MadThom

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2022
So this is (what I think at least) my Buff Brahma chick. She is smaller than all the others but they’re all different breeds. Today I saw some reddish skin and checked it out thinking she was either molting or getting pecked. It almost seems like she is prolapsed or something. I can’t tell if it looks weird because she’s shorter? A breed thing? Or if there’s something wrong here. She’s second from right in last pic for comparison. She eats, drinks and poops but does seem to waddle more (I will try to upload my video here if I can figure it out). She’s not had any trauma that I’m aware of and she’s almost two weeks old. 212AFCB4-70AF-4826-BAA8-F6213D48C152.jpeg 2AF50077-45F2-4C3C-8A3E-97C6D5FD2FCE.jpeg 96889BB8-FF75-478E-96C5-D55DD015D610.jpeg

Can u get a better picture of the skin your talking about without the red light.
Other than that if she is eating and drinking and acting like a normal chick I wouldn't worry to much.
Yes I will get a better one but I think her skin is fine. It looks like it was a weird molting pattern but there are feathers coming in. It’s not bald like I thought originally. Thank you for your reply! It’s been a while since I had chicks and I’ve forgotten a lot I’m afraid

Maybe it's just me but the abdomen looks a bit different than it's flockmates. The vent doesn't appear to be prolapsed, in my opinion. How does the area between the legs feel, compared to the others? Is it possible that it's a bantam and the others large fowl?
Edited to add: how does the naval look?
@Overo Mare @MGG

Maybe it's just me but the abdomen looks a bit different than it's flockmates. The vent doesn't appear to be prolapsed, in my opinion. How does the area between the legs feel, compared to the others? Is it possible that it's a bantam and the others large fowl?
Edited to add: how does the naval look?
@Overo Mare @MGG
That’s what concerns me. The vent itself doesn’t look prolapsed but I’m starting to think her organs may be prolapsed. It doesn’t feel as tight as the others’ abdomens

Back
Top Bottom