Does this duck look good?

Sounds like Duckie is getting those hormones that make them aggressive. What would be nice is if you could build Duckie and his river family a nice run and coop secure from predators. Then you could rescue the others which would mean Duckie would have other ducks and you could still have Duckie but not where he would not be attacking the dog or cat. Or anyone else. Those hormones won't get any better and he may make enemies of the dog especially and then the dog retaliates, not a good outcome.

:welcome

Sounds like Duckie is getting those hormones that make them aggressive. What would be nice is if you could build Duckie and his river family a nice run and coop secure from predators. Then you could rescue the others which would mean Duckie would have other ducks and you could still have Duckie but not where he would not be attacking the dog or cat. Or anyone else. Those hormones won't get any better and he may make enemies of the dog especially and then the dog retaliates, not a good outcome.

:welcome
Can i Just take those ducks and put them in my yard Are they not gonna get stressed out? duckie isn't aggressive to them he is a little scared of them.
where i live they dont have enemies except cats and dogs. Duckie has a outside coop and run (he does not use it he dont like going outside alone) we do go for walks.

(The dog is a small chihuahua)

Your dog may be small I have a mini Dachshund but they have teeth and can inflict a nasty wound.
You could put the other ducks in your yard but what about night time? also if you let Duckie and the others meet and spend time together they will eventually get use to each other and become a flock. The best way to do that is by using fencing between them so they get to know each other but they can't pick or fight. You could actually use your coop and run that duckie doesn't use to keep the others and then take Duckie out during the day to meet and greet. How many ducks are in the river? Where in this big world are you that you haven't predators besides dogs and cats? No birds of prey either?

Your dog may be small I have a mini Dachshund but they have teeth and can inflict a nasty wound.
You could put the other ducks in your yard but what about night time? also if you let Duckie and the others meet and spend time together they will eventually get use to each other and become a flock. The best way to do that is by using fencing between them so they get to know each other but they can't pick or fight. You could actually use your coop and run that duckie doesn't use to keep the others and then take Duckie out during the day to meet and greet. How many ducks are in the river? Where in this big world are you that you haven't predators besides dogs and cats? No birds of prey either?
There are 4 ducks by the river 2 male 2 female.
I live in a small land in europe. we do have small predator birds but they are way to small for these ducks. they are pretty big not even the cats mess with the ducks.

Please don't get me wrong and think I am trying to push you into doing something you aren't sure about, I just worry the other 4 need a home where they are taken care of properly since they are domestic and not wild. We see dumped ducks so often it's heartbreaking to think at one time someone was caring for them and then they were left to take care of themselves.[which usually ends in death for abandoned ducks] Duckie would be so happy to have a flock to hang out with once he and the others got used to each other. But always up to the person who has started the thread and didn't ask for my opinion. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom