Jun 16, 2010
Kansas
Posting here again
hmm.png

My Border collie Bridgit, You all should know her, Shes been

pooping what looks like blood to me. I don't know though, her poop

definatly doesn't look right. So the story: About 2 weeks ago Bridgit

pooped blood, we called the vet, and she said if they eat somthing like

a bone *cough cough* RAWHIDE, it can irritate their tummy and cause blood..

So we threw ALL of their rawhide bones away. All is good. No blood, but now, two weeks later,

theres (what I think to be) blood again. tell me...does this look like blood? I'm questioning it

because it's not 'bright' but I'd like to know if my dog is bleeding or not...
hmm.png
it was bright 2 weeks

ago, so I'm almost postitive it was blood then..but now I have no idea
hmm.png
She's eating

an extremely crappy food (alpo
sickbyc.gif
) But only because we're trying to find a good diet for our dogs,

and we had to get alpo for now. what do you think?

60753_cimg0780.jpg

sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

The raw hide toys, are they colored?

My pooch would always have discolored poo after eating raw hide that was dyed. The red and green Christmas raw hides were the worst.

Sometimes food dye comes out in the poop too - in unpredictable colors. I can't remember what it was, purple dye or something, with one of my sons, made bright green and gave me a fright - the doctor was quite aware of it, and sure enough the next time he ate that it did the same darn thing! But it doesn't look like blood to me, if blood was this well mixed into the poo it would be black (from the stomach) or streaks of red blood (from the intestines). IMO. If in doubt they can always do a stool sample at the vet's right? Has your dog had any processed human food with dye (with similar food two weeks ago)? Could even be fish, shrimp even, that is pink...
hu.gif

Nope, no human foods what so ever. But now that you mention dyes, her food has dyes in it. An no no colored raw hides, I havent been giving her any
smile.png

Doesn't look like blood to me either but if it was my dog, I'd switch her to grain-free food.

I have my 4 dogs and 2 cats on Taste of the Wild and their poops are small, compact, dark brown, just like the food is.

Last puppy I got last week was on Purina Puppy Chow with the #1 ingredient ground corn, #2 corn meal. She was pooping 4-5 times a day, big piles with lots of grain.

Now that she's switched 100% as of last night, she's down to 2-3 times a day, compact, smaller and dark brown.

What goes in - comes out.

Quote:
Just because YOU haven't given her any doesn't mean that she hasn't had any. Spike just found a raw hide the other day from last Valentine's day. Where? I don't know.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom