Does this one look dead ? Day 32

ivy_huan

Songster
May 31, 2022
This is one of the two I have left in the incubator. I'm gonna clean out the incubator and start new again this weekend.
I saw movements for sure in this one two days ago now I can't see anything at all. It has good air sack

PXL_20220622_013048854.jpg

I'm have a digital thermometer combo on the way and gonna do a good cleaning job on the incubator ( I think that was my biggest mistake. I only wiped it down wish wipes before setting eggs. Egg Turner instead of hand turning lol) and maybe try dry hatching next time too

I had a look at your previous threads and it looks like you have Muscovy duck eggs. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Muscovy eggs take about 35 days to hatch apparently. I think I see a vein near the top of your pic and possible some just past the halfway mark toward the bottom and again near the bottom of your pic.

I think it’s best if you put it back in the incubator, crank the humidity up and don’t touch it until after it has hatched and dried out. Sometimes they go past their hatch date by a few days, especially if your incubator fluctuates a lot.

Spray warm water into the incubator every so often to get the humidity up and leave a damp sponge or paper towel in there. Also, by handling the egg you’re keeping the chick from being able to position itself correctly for hatch.

Give it another few days, if after a week and it hasn’t hatched then you’ll know to turn the bator off.

Best of luck, I hope everything goes great.

I had a look at your previous threads and it looks like you have Muscovy duck eggs. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Muscovy eggs take about 35 days to hatch apparently. I think I see a vein near the top of your pic and possible some just past the halfway mark toward the bottom and again near the bottom of your pic.

I think it’s best if you put it back in the incubator, crank the humidity up and don’t touch it until after it has hatched and dried out. Sometimes they go past their hatch date by a few days, especially if your incubator fluctuates a lot.

Spray warm water into the incubator every so often to get the humidity up and leave a damp sponge or paper towel in there. Also, by handling the egg you’re keeping the chick from being able to position itself correctly for hatch.

Give it another few days, if after a week and it hasn’t hatched then you’ll know to turn the bator off.

Best of luck, I hope everything goes great.
omg i remember those kinda ducks terrifying me in royal palm beach florida as a child lol.

Lmao I bet you weren’t the only one. For me it’s geese. Oh, and swans. Who knew swans could be so darn aggressive?!
i know they are just animals. but i only feel more apprehensive with unkown spiders than geese and swans. older me doesnt care about ducks. and dealing with geese im fine when i need to do stuff. swans are a hard thing to deal with. hated them at the boston commons.

Back
Top Bottom