Does this quail have a broken foot?

it looks like its just the toe, how is it doing today? with any injury i wait a day or two to see if the quail recovers or if its broken (weather "it" is a wing or leg). if it is broken i normally dispatch them, if not then they normally recover in a matter of days. i have several quail with broken or missing toes, it doesn't affect them.
also yes, it does seem to be just the toe

if its just the toe, just wait it out, maybe put a band aid on it or wrap it, but i doubt it would stay on, when i have quail with broken or injured toes i just put them in the hospital pen and wait a few days.

if it were the leg, you'll want to wrap it with medical tape or self adhesive vet wrap.

if its just the toe, just wait it out, maybe put a band aid on it or wrap it, but i doubt it would stay on, when i have quail with broken or injured toes i just put them in the hospital pen and wait a few days.

if it were the leg, you'll want to wrap it with medical tape or self adhesive vet wrap.
Ok, I'll try that. Thank you!

Your quail should heal pretty fast. Quail are homicidal for sure. I added 3 day olds in a brooder with 7 day olds and the older quail killed most of the younger quail. Grab them by the leg and drag them across the brooder. Savage they are.

Your quail should heal pretty fast. Quail are homicidal for sure. I added 3 day olds in a brooder with 7 day olds and the older quail killed most of the younger quail. Grab them by the leg and drag them across the brooder. Savage they are.
oh my gawd when that same thing happened to me i just thought i was a bad parent holy cow

Back
Top Bottom