Does this topic break your heart too?

It does make me sad so most of the time I try to avoid reading it. That's the great thing about this forum! You can pick and choose what you want to read!

On the other hand, the deformed chicks that are hatched out are all part of incubating and it does happen. Incubating in general is fun, but that part stinks.

unfortunatly i think i caused this i wa on chat trying to figure out if u could use a splint for the chick but it wouldt work
hit.gif
so i had to i really did not mean any harm i just wanted to try to figure out what i could do

It is sad, but not every deformed animal gets culled. I have a total of 4 crippled/deformed call ducks. 2 need alot of help (legs are contracted and since they walk on their hocks they are house pets). I have a friend who used to save that kind for me, but he no longer gets bad ones.
the injured ones that need time are actually my favorites. Since I have a lifelong pair of bad cripples, I contemplate whether to start a search for a third call duck that cannot walk, or just barely walk, for company should one of this pair die, or would it be cruel to let the one left behind live if it is calling out and vey lonely for its mate?
i love taking care of these birds. I'm going to 'fly' the one right now!

Back
Top Bottom