Does this topic break your heart too?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sandbellie, Jun 6, 2010.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Crowing

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It does make me sad so most of the time I try to avoid reading it. That's the great thing about this forum! You can pick and choose what you want to read!

On the other hand, the deformed chicks that are hatched out are all part of incubating and it does happen. Incubating in general is fun, but that part stinks.

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Add in some other critters and you sound like me, LOL.

3. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Songster

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    unfortunatly i think i caused this i wa on chat trying to figure out if u could use a splint for the chick but it wouldt work [​IMG] so i had to i really did not mean any harm i just wanted to try to figure out what i could do

4. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Im sorry about your dog. [​IMG]

Thank you tho. [​IMG]

5. Pollitollito

Pollitollito Chirping

Jun 6, 2010
    PUERTO RICO
    Thanks so much!!! well no more critters lol but definetly love animals!!!! Sometimes its hard to fing a great forum like this one, Love it!

6. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Songster

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    It is sad, but not every deformed animal gets culled. I have a total of 4 crippled/deformed call ducks. 2 need alot of help (legs are contracted and since they walk on their hocks they are house pets). I have a friend who used to save that kind for me, but he no longer gets bad ones.
    the injured ones that need time are actually my favorites. Since I have a lifelong pair of bad cripples, I contemplate whether to start a search for a third call duck that cannot walk, or just barely walk, for company should one of this pair die, or would it be cruel to let the one left behind live if it is calling out and vey lonely for its mate?
    i love taking care of these birds. I'm going to 'fly' the one right now!

7. Pollitollito

Pollitollito Chirping

Jun 6, 2010
    PUERTO RICO
    Quote:Yep these are really special!!! you know that you have to take care of this ones because they need us to survive!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: