1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does This Wanter Intake Sound Right?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by goosemama, Nov 9, 2009.

1. goosemama

goosemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Forestville, New York
    Have 24 Cornish meat cross chick 3-l/2 weeks old in a brooder area of garage. I am amazed at how much water they go through! I have 2 two gallon metal founts and I fill them at night and early next afternoon and they are always dry!!!. Have put in a large dog waterer with the 5 gallon bottle on top as a stop gap. Of course they kick the wood chip bedding into that and fill it up which makes a mess. But it amazes me they drink so much. Anyone else raising Cornish chicks right now? What size of waterers do you use for how many chicks?

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    You might want to edit your thread title because I wondered what a "wanter" was....

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    You might get more responses if you post it in the Raising Meat birds section.

4. goosemama

goosemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Forestville, New York
    To Buff Hooligans.....I have read that post three times and still don't see where I typed "wanter" instead of waterer? Now I know I'm daft, but now I'm blind as well, haha.

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Does This Wanter Intake Sound Right <<< this is how the title reads.>>>>
    Index » Raising Baby Chicks » Does This Wanter Intake Sound Right?

As a side note I clicked on this to see what a Wanter sounded like.​

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    We used a five gallon waterer and a three gallon waterer for that many chicks. We hung the waterers and the feeders from the ceiling. Made a big difference.

7. Burbs

Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    South East Idaho
    Quote:Thats funny..........so did I.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by