Does vetericyn spray blue?

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
Hello, I have a Orpington hen, that has a vent wound from vent picking, & was wondering if Vetericyn sprays the color blue, or not like BluKote?

Hello, I have a Orpington hen, that has a vent wound from vent picking, & was wondering if Vetericyn sprays the color blue, or not like BluKote?
It does not, it’s clearish and menthol like. You can use it anyway or you can use Neosporin without painkiller. Separate the bird in question until completely healed, you can put her in a small dog crate in the run with the others so reintegration is easier. Also, have you figured out why there’s pecking? Do they have adequate space and nutrition?

It does not, it’s clearish and menthol like. You can use it anyway or you can use Neosporin without painkiller. Separate the bird in question until completely healed, you can put her in a small dog crate in the run with the others so reintegration is easier. Also, have you figured out why there’s pecking? Do they have adequate space and nutrition?
Okay, I was just wondering, & will get blukote instead.

I can't dig out a cage at the moment, there's too much stuff in the shed.

I washed it, & applied Triple Antibiotic ointment earlier.

Not sure why there's picking, there's plenty of space, they have a toy in their run, & they eat Nutrena Naturewise All Flock Pellets which is 20% protein.

I tried to get a picture, it's been caught early. It's not really bad, or anything.

It's up on the thick fleshy lip portion of the vent.
20210404_141553.jpg
20210404_141616.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom