Does your rooster hate a specific pair of shoes?

Fallenone05

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2015
SE Oklahoma
SO
Probably a weird question but every time I wear a certain pair of shoes, my rooster tries to flog my feet. If I'm in tennis shoes, he doesn't care about anything about me. Like everyone says they can see the difference in a rooster when they get aggressive with you, but I don't see that 'look in his eyes' that tells me it's because of me, specifically? Like he eats out of my hands otherwise.

I've bopped him upside the head for it once before, when he actually got my feet and pecked the fire out of me, and he usually stays away from my feet otherwise.

I walk through him instead of around him, and a part of me wonders if he's jealous the hens follow me around when I'm outside vs following and listening to him. I've also been watching for aggressive behavior when I wear other shoes.

Is my bird just dumb and hates a pair of shoes or like... should I just cull and get it over with?

I have had the same issue with my rooster. He is almost a year old and I have a pair of black slip ons that or for outside only and when I wore my sneakers he flipped out on them and flocked me. Try seeing how he reacts to different shoe types. 👞 Pretty funny that roosters have a hate for different types of shoes.

One of our old roosters hated flip flops
I am scared to wear flip flops (don't even have roosters) - first time I went in the run wearing them (I otherwise always wear muck boots) all my girls aggressively stared at my toes like they wanted to eat them... lol...I got the heck outta there so fast

I am scared to wear flip flops (don't even have roosters) - first time I went in the run wearing them (I otherwise always wear muck boots) all my girls aggressively stared at my toes like they wanted to eat them... lol...I got the heck outta there so fast

Toes are worm sausages to chickens 🤣 mine don't peck my feet anymore when I wear flip flops but I can tuck my toes.

Also this thread is three years old and I should add that I ended up culling this guy!

Back
Top Bottom