Doesn't anyone have a social life outside of BYC?

I have a social life out side of BYC unfortunatly everyone thinks im crazy and chicken obsessed...
lau.gif
NCF what can u do? i like BYC better
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
chicken :

I have a social life out side of BYC unfortunatly everyone thinks im crazy and chicken obsessed...
lau.gif
NCF what can u do? i like BYC better
big_smile.png

Argh! Same here!
tongue.png
I'm just the crazy bird lady
tongue.png
And proud!​

Last edited:
Well, if you all lived next door, then I could just talk to you over the fence.

I have a social life that includes going out with people from work, but then it feels like I never leave work. When I come here, we talk chicken, and anything else that comes to mind. Many people here have similar interests. Let's face it, there are over 30,000 of us. Someone is bound to be fun to talk to.

So, when are we getting a big piece of land where chickens are legal, and renaming it BYCville? I'd move there. Then we could talk over the fence.
smile.png

haha! there is no social life outside of BYC. half my friends ask me if there really is a market for chicken and eggs. i tell them, then they are shocked. my newest best friend i met here on BYC. LOVE YA "HUNY"

hhaha

I have a couple of friends, including my daughter and my ex, but their schedules usually conflict with mine. Here I can talk and read when I have the time. Including at 1:00am.
I also like that people here are usually very polite and nice. Oh and I spend a lot of time on the SuffiecientSelf site
gig.gif

It's nice to talk with like minded people instead of having to explain yourself. Many people don't get it when I say: I have to go home now, because I have to let the girls out, or lock them up or check on my injured chicken in the house.
Chickens rule, go BYC
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Ditto. I have kids, rental tenants, my students (when I teach the odd night class) and a very high maintenance spouse. I love this site because it is a place to learn new things and have fun. I can be the needy one from time to time.
hugs.gif
Also, I CAN be helpful & play advisor, auntie, big sister .... Only if I am in the mood to do so!
woot.gif

First of all, we are in the right mind frame. I honestly feel sorry for people who look at us and act like we are going backwards, when they are the ones who aren't "with it". Four of my children, and my three sisters (not my brothers - they both have gardens, both have owned chickens, both live very deep in the country), cousins, ect. are on that feel sorry list.

Second of all, for myself, I do spend time with other people who, maybe, could care less about what we are about - I'm at work for most of the day at a fast food joint.

Third of all, I don't have any chickens yet, have not moved yet, and I'd rather be here talking to my friends, who we all have something in common. You keep me sane inside city limits, while living in Public Housing (no livestock allowed here, can't even grow a flower garden as ill trained up children will tear up what's yours, and landscape workers will also tear up whatever it is planted).

One elderly woman who has lived most of her life here, recently had her son dig her a nice flower garden out in her front yard. She is having a hard time keeping people out of her garden.

I really appreciate having this place to come to after work every day, as I do not care to mingle with anyone (besides my children and my family) who doesn't have a clue, yet insists that I am the weird one.

I especially love the pictures everyone puts on for viewing.

Spent most of the day off BYC. Did Church, lunch, church visits and chicken chores. At present, the family is all watching "Inside Planet Earth" on our Big Screen TV in our bedroom... and I've been very amused with this thread.

Back
Top Bottom