Doesn't look good...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SterlingAcres, May 23, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    It's day 18 here. I turned the eggs this morning and just laid them flat right now. I candled them real quick and my odds aren't looking too good. I only see movement in 2 and even those are iffy...

Let's hope something hatches or I'll be really peeved. I cannot believe this Meyer batch... what a joke.

ETA - Thanks for moving my post staff! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2008
  2. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Do you just not see movement, or does it actually look like the others didn't develop fully? I hardly ever see movement on day 18. Usually they're quite squished in there by that time! [​IMG] But if it looks like the chick is fully developed, I wouldn't give up hope!

Good luck! [​IMG]

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I rarely see very little movement come day 18. Put them in just like you would expect to hatch and just wait and see what happens. I'm sending positive hatching vibes!

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I don't know. I can see veins and fluid moving around whatever mass is in the eggs. There is one that definitely quit, I thought I threw them all out. Missed one. So I've got 7 maybes. I'm nervous because I've never candled my hatches [​IMG] I never knew what the insides of those eggs looked like. There's a small 1/4 inch clear fluid accumulation in the narrow ends of the eggs and the air sacs look huge to me.

I just really hope these darn things hatch or I'll be so upset. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by