Dog allergies any tips or advice?

I'd stop the dentastix, nothing good about them.

And even the kibble contains lots of cereals: rice, maize and barley. Maize and barley are just cheap and unhealthy fillers, that cause inflammation in a dog's digestive system.

How do his faeces look and smell? How about flatulence?

For testing, you could start feeding him home cooked meals consisting of cooked grated carrots, rice and some chicken meat (protein) for starters. Add some grated egg shells (1/" teaspoon) for calcium.
After one week of only feeding the above, add 1/2 teaspoon of linseed oil and wait another week before adding a new component to the meal, and so on.
Woww interesting! I had no idea his food contained all of that. Absolutely the dentistix will go and I will try your recipe 🙂 his faeces are normal, but absolutely stink, so does his flatulence, I just thought that was normal for frenchies, but now I think about it….🤨

Woww interesting! I had no idea his food contained all of that. Absolutely the dentistix will go and I will try your recipe 🙂 his faeces are normal, but absolutely stink, so does his flatulence, I just thought that was normal for frenchies, but now I think about it….🤨
When did you last deworm him and the other dog?

When did you last deworm him and the other dog?
We have 3 dogs and they were all wormed about 5 months ago, this is what we use.
DBD4D8B0-136B-4F89-9B80-3EC674A14AF3.jpeg

The above recipe is just to start the testing and you could go on by exchanging the source of protein every two weeks:

From cooked chicken to cooked and later raw beef, lamb, horse, venison, fish, eggs etc. and slowly increase the amount of added protein (meat), if he responds well.

Last edited:
He might be in need of some probiotic bacteria, there are different brands available to add to the meals. They help with digestion and should stop the need for coprophagy.

Was he treated with antibiotics lately? If so, his digestive system would also be in need of restoration.

You might want to try the Moro carrot soup, it is easy to prepare and helps to restore a healthy gut balance:

https://www.ency123.com/2015/09/natural-remedy-for-diarrhea-professor.html

He might be in need of some probiotic bacteria, there are different brands available to add to the meals. They help with digestion and should stop the need for coprophagy.

Was he treated with antibiotics lately? If so, his digestive system would also be in need of restoration.

You might want to try the Moro carrot soup, it is easy to prepare and helps to restore a healthy gut balance:

https://www.ency123.com/2015/09/natural-remedy-for-diarrhea-professor.html
No antibiotic’s, like I say, he is normally fit and healthy, funny enough, whilst researching earlier, I came across doggy dailies, a probiotic, it also helps with allergies. so would you recommend I give the medication the vet supplied, while making changes to his diet, and then go from there? Thanks for the link that you have posted, I’m still reading the link you supplied for the hen with the blisters, that then leads on to other threads! 😂 really interesting! Thank you

No antibiotic’s, like I say, he is normally fit and healthy, funny enough, whilst researching earlier, I came across doggy dailies, a probiotic, it also helps with allergies. so would you recommend I give the medication the vet supplied, while making changes to his diet, and then go from there? Thanks for the link that you have posted, I’m still reading the link you supplied for the hen with the blisters, that then leads on to other threads! 😂 really interesting! Thank you
Well, here is what I would do:

• Have his thyroid tested (blood test).
  • Have him tested for food allergies (blood test).

I know these tests are not cheap, but very useful in the long run.

• Start him on the above posted feed testing and home cooked/raw meals of real food.

After getting the results, go from there, if necessary giving him thyroid medication and/or avoiding the food that tested positive.

Then I would work on getting his digestive system back in order:

Feeding him smaller amounts, but twice a day, with Moro's carrot soup twice daily given 20 minutes before the meal. For seven consecutive days.

Adding probiotic bacteria to his meals for at least 10 consecutive days.

Back
Top Bottom