Dog Attack(Graphic) Help with Pain/treatment

Wanted to provide an update...my big boy is doing well...I had him on a course of amoxicillin for the 7 days following the attack and alternated bluekote and veterycin(still using the veterycin). Most of his feathers have came through, hoping he grows back his beautiful tail(he had just finished a molt when this attack occured). He's not crazy about being confined to the run but I let them out for supervised free ranging most days. He's already started his rooster dance with his hens so I know he's feeling better. I just can't get over how tough and resilient these animals are but at the same time, so fragile. Love my big boy♥️
Awwwwww, he's so precious! And very handsome! I can't help but chuckle at his missing tail, but I'm sure he'll grow it back. Glad he made it through, and that we could help, just goes to show how amazing and resilient chickens are, just like you said! :clap:love💚

Awwwwww, he's so precious! And very handsome! I can't help but chuckle at his missing tail, but I'm sure he'll grow it back. Glad he made it through, and that we could help, just goes to show how amazing and resilient chickens are, just like you said! :clap:love💚
Thank you! Yes it's a God send to have a loving and caring community to turn to in times like these! And yeah, he looks like half a chicken, poor guy! I should've mentioned in the original post the trick for getting him to take his med willingly.. I stuffed the tablet in a grape(which he loves) and he took it happily😊

Back
Top Bottom