Dog attack help

It is so nice to see everyone helping and this is all such great information. But unfortunetly he died in my arms I was holding him in a quite room upstairs and after gagging a few times and spitting up he started moving his body a lot and his head then just passed away. I am in total shock as I thought he would make it through. We only got to give him the paininjection so now I feel like it was my fault and maybe we shouldn’t have although the vet said to in 6 hours. I have a egg his female laid earlier between 6-10 am and I just wrapped it up in hay out side in heat. My new question is can we incubate this egg and maybe even the one from past two days and possibly hatch a baby Donald ? Thank again everyone I truly appreciate this forum or so many caring people here to help,
Very sorry for your loss, but don't beat yourself up, I seriously doubt that you had anything to do with his death. :hugs.

Regarding the eggs, go ahead and put them in an incubator, or consider buying some sexed ducklings from a hatchery.

Again, so sorry for your loss. :hugs

I am so very sorry you lost him :hugs

Yes, you can incubate that egg, and every egg you get from her for the next three or so weeks will also be fertilized from him so you can collect a few more too.
Thank you that’s great to hear it would help grieving him by being able to hatch one of him. I really hope it works I just set the incubator up from store and put two eggs in one from their pen it had some soil on it but I wiped it with warm cloth I’m wondering if maybe I should remove that one then and just collect the ones she hatches moving forward because they would all be clean from hCin ther in over night thanks

Thank you that’s great to hear it would help grieving him by being able to hatch one of him. I really hope it works I just set the incubator up from store and put two eggs in one from their pen it had some soil on it but I wiped it with warm cloth I’m wondering if maybe I should remove that one then and just collect the ones she hatches moving forward because they would all be clean from hCin ther in over night thanks

I would wait, collect about ten days' worth of eggs, and then put them all in at the same time. Don't want to do a staggered hatch if you can avoid it. Have you incubated before?

I am so sorry to hear of the attack and his death, you really did all that you could, I understand that you might feel the way you do but really, it wasn't your fault, you did all that you could. Hang in there, try to hatch out those eggs and remember him with all the love you have. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom