Dog Attack

I am so glad. I know that calcium citrate will help them if they are egg bound, but I don't know about eggs that are broken inside. You want to make sure that she passes all of it out so it doesn't cause an infection in there. We can tag some people tomorrow if she doesn't seem to pass the whole thing.

Wow, that is a miracle! How is ash doing?

Thank you, thank you all. Her hip bone is broken and she has internal injuries. Dad says there is no recovery.

He wants to take her into the backyard and put her down, because the ride to the vet would be too stressful.
:hugs I'm very sorry to hear about your hen. You have done well taking care of her.
So sad, but it sounds like Dad is right and it's time to let her go.

We just had to do this with a hen that had EYP. It is so sad, but if you just feel the sadness whenever it comes up, it honors the bird that you loved, and it helps you move on with more grace.

She was so lucky to have such a devoted owner ♥️

Update: Ash is doing amazing and she is growing tiny tail feathers back! The only problem is that those dogs are still there, and their throwing themselves against the fence and they are only going to get twice as big. Half my family has PTSD but they still won't get rid of the dogs.
I'm glad to hear she's doing well!

Do you have animal control in your area? If so, then see if they can help you with the dog issue.

Otherwise, consider installing electric fencing around your coop/run or fence, this may help solve the issue.

I'm sorry they keep coming back.

Back
Top Bottom