Dog attack

motleysussex

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
Howard, Australia
Early this morning I went to check on my cooks. I have their coop connected to the run, only to find my silki bantam rooster and road island red hen missing. Now I have a 8mnth staffi, bordacolli ridge back cross, he is very excited around the chooks and always wants to play. I have introduced them but on a whole keep them apart. So this morning I find a hole in there run and coop, I find my red next door and my rooster holed up near the bottom of a tree. The rooster has half of his right wing missing, he won't drink without encouragement but has managed to eat a little, I washed out the wounds and have separated him from the flock , I am new at owning chickens and am not sure on the right methods in helping him survive any help would be most appreciated. Also my red hen has a tear on her breast where you can see muscle but she seems fine is there anything I can do to help her with any discomfort?

Motleysussex

off the top of my head i cant think of anything for the pain however i would recommend keeping her away from the others untill the wound is healed or the other chickens might peck at it.
if any others have open wounds keep them separate as well.

Honestly instead of sugar i would mix honey water for her
For its vitamins, minerals, pollen, protien, and live enzimes.

if you dont mind the smell mix garlic as well :) that should be all her water while she is healing

i like herbal approaches . . .sorry if that not really what your looking for

Back
Top Bottom