dog dilemma

Glad to hear you decided to give them a chance! They are lovely dogs, probably just young and high energy. With routine and consistency, they will probably make great dogs that eventually will just hang around the house. Try to teach them to fetch. I've never been a fan of it, myself, but it is a great way to wear dogs out if you can't walk them as much as they need.

thought you'd like to see one of the dogs after working with her, we had a coyote attack last week and lost 3 birds... i am pretty sure thats what it was based on the chickens first reactions to her... she is so relaxed around them now- i let them out about an hour a day and we guard the flock- she is the day shift and patrols all day-

file-83.jpg

file-82.jpg

file-81.jpg

only once did she show any inclination to go after them and that was when one decided to hustle to catch up with the others- anyway, one word and she relaxed- and this afternoon started circling them when she saw DH trying to herd them in- i think she's a keeper- the other dog is still a work in progress...he is the nite shift and tonite immediately started for the creek- the same area as the first attack....i think tink may be a shepherd mix-
it took losing some birds to make me mad enough to look at possibilities- i would trust tink with them, buddy, the night guard isn't quite the same, if i am with him, he is more mellow, but i don't know about his hunting instincts with the flock- but he does ignore waterfowl and guineas- weird dog-when i am shutting the coop up i heard the roo warning and looked over and a black nose was poking in the door...
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom