Building Bridges

Songster
Premium member
Jan 11, 2020
Ohio
Definitely :thumbsup
I always say all dogs have a purpose and if you like showing it's your choice but many people have pets that are just or more amazing than anyone else's dog..:hugs
Purebred mean nothing to me! I love all dogs because all dogs give inorder to receive..:hugs
Purebred is now important to me because of the widespread health issues that have surfaced. I choose breeders who have had their stock DNA tested for everything
That sounds fun!!
I loved every minute of it but they raised it to $50 an hour and it was almost a 2 hour round trip so I just had to let it go. I miss it so much! Highly recommend!

Ralph101

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2019
New York
Purebred is now important to me because of the widespread health issues that have surfaced. I choose breeders who have had their stock DNA tested for everything

I loved every minute of it but they raised it to $50 an hour and it was almost a 2 hour round trip so I just had to let it go. I miss it so much! Highly recommend!
Sometimes mixed-breed pooch can be healthier than some exotic breeds. But I don't see anything bad in DNA testing either.
By the way, here's my new rescue dog, Jack. I moved to another town and decided to find myself a four-legged friend.
81106863_606687336787434_761856103151098653_n.jpg

A few weeks ago after he got used to my apartment I started teaching him new tricks as Doggolab advised. He knows how to perform 'speak' already.

Last edited:

Missy020219

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2019
Surely we all must dream about various dog breeds and all the dogs we would have if we could, right? That might just be me. :lau :oops:

But I know that for me personally, I am always researching and dreaming about dog breeds and if I could have every breed of dog, I probably would. :lau :oops:

I want practically every breed.

And every time I think I have it narrowed down, another breed pops up that I want. :lau

Surely some of you must be similar.

So....

What dog breed(s) do you really want? Which ones would you have if you could?? Or maybe you already have your dream dog but want another? Maybe you just want more dogs?

Personally I would probably have about a million dogs if I could. :lau :oops:

This thread is for all things dog dreaming!! :D

I probably won’t actually get a million dogs or all the breeds I want but we can dream. :D
I have my dream dog. A short/long-haired St. Bernard. I love their colours and their mellow attitude. her name is Missy shes turning 1 on Feb 2. got her when she was a little over a month. shes great with my kittens and because of my other dogs she does nothing to my chickens. she was very easy to train with leash and some tricks shes pretty lazy so fetch isn't her favorite. but i LOVE her with all my heart.

Duckfarmer1

Crowing
Jul 23, 2019
Kane,Pa
My dream dog is a pharaoh hound. I absolutely love that breed! But, they are really expensive. I can't justify more than a couple hundred bucks on a dog. So, until they get cheaper(probably wont happen) I am stuck with doing yet more research and looking at pictures. I did go on a website and it had a quiz where you fill in the answers and it tells you your perfect dog fit. Pharaoh hound fit me 98%. Sigh. Come on winning lottery numbers!! :fl
I'm not really into breeds. I choose dogs depending on their needs. All of mine have been rescues so I'll probably just get another rescue.

Technically most of my animals have been rescues besides the chickens and ducks.
I love rescuing animals...my shi tzu came from a puppy mill, the rescue shelter took 29 dogs out of a barn with one window..auto feeders and water..no human contact...they were a mess. My Muggs is still very skittish, but, he’s a special guy...he helped me know when I was going to have seizures, and became my service dog!! But, now he’s just a house dog..because I don’t need him anymore and am happily running my farm with a French Bulldog and an English Bulldog...but I would love an LGD....probably Great ..Pryanese...
BDF723CE-39DB-43A1-8077-81EED1C41110.jpeg
oh, last summer I also taught Muggs Agility Training! He happily runs through real hoops and up a teeter totter, around cones, etc..all for a treat ! Pretty good rescue and a pure breed all in one! :)

Last edited:

Duckfarmer1

Crowing
Jul 23, 2019
Kane,Pa
Aw I’m so sorry! He sounds like an amazing dog. :hugs
Oh my goodness..I don’t know if upyou know this, but I have epilepsy, and my dog, Muggs, is/was My service dog...I haven’t had a seizure in over a year, so I don’t take him out anymore...so I call him retired...I’m sorry you lost your friend and helper...they are one of a kind! I hope you are doing ok....

Duckfarmer1

Crowing
Jul 23, 2019
Kane,Pa
No, unfortunately. He had a heart attack about 2 months ago while I was away caring for my Mother. I miss him so much, he was an EMA (emotional support animal) for me and he naturally "alerted" to my seizure disorder.
I tried to reply to you before, but it got lost in the thread somewhere..:lol: I don’t know if you know this, but I have epilepsy. My dog, Muggs, was/is my service dog, because he knew when I was going to have a seizure. I haven’t taken him out in over a year because I haven’t had a seizure. I'm sorry you lost your friend and your helper...i hope you are doing ok.....

oldhenlikesdogs

Great Horny Toads
Staff member
Premium member
Jul 16, 2015
central Wisconsin
I love rescuing animals...my shi tzu came from a puppy mill, the rescue shelter took 29 dogs out of a barn with one window..auto feeders and water..no human contact...they were a mess. My Muggs is still very skittish, but, he’s a special guy...he helped me know when I was going to have seizures, and became my service dog!! But, now he’s just a house dog..because I don’t need him anymore and am happily running my farm with a French Bulldog and an English Bulldog...but I would love an LGD....probably Great ..Pryanese...View attachment 2009263oh, last summer I also taught Muggs Agility Training! He happily runs through real hoops and up a teeter totter, around cones, etc..all for a treat ! Pretty good rescue and a pure breed all in one! :)
What an adorable little dog. :love

Top Bottom