Dog Food Video

Interesting, but I take alot of the new information about dog food that's out there with a grain of salt.
After all, many many dogs have lived long productive lives on run of the mill dog food.
We feed our dogs the best food we can afford, but try not to overthink it.
wink.png

I thought this was interesting also. I have an old dog that has LOTS of health issues and now my Cavalier is having similiar skin issues. I want to get away from "crappy" food because more and more I think it's the grain in the food causing the problems. My Bichon on the other hand has no problems...

Very interesting. I went from feeding my dog Kibbles and Bits, to Purina Dog Chow, to Blue Buffalo, to 4 health, and now I am switching to Taste of the Wild. My parents were not aware that the the grocery store brands were hurting our dogs, until I began researching it recently. We are switching to TOTW because we think my lab mix has allergies to the grain in other dog foods. After seeing that video I think I need to find a way to add moisture to their dry food. Couldn't you just add some water to their dry food? Thanks for sharing that video!
big_smile.png

I feed Taste of the Wild Buffalo and Venison type to all my dogs. Dogs are carnivores by nature. They do not need any grain to live well. I f a dog food has corn in it it is worthless in opinion If I could afford raw I would be feeding that it is even better. It is some much easier and much less nasty to clean up after the dogs when they are on a really good dog food. i wouldn't worry to much about the lack of water in the food. As long as the dog has access to fresh water, they are not going to have problems with kibble.

My uncle owned a working Collie on his dairy farm. He fed that dog a bowl of oatmeal with some milk mixed in. He was a picture of health and worked daily on the farm untill the day he died at 17 years old.

Back
Top Bottom