Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Its fairly cheap to get a couple rolls of electric fence cord and run it along the side they enter, get one for a horse, after they hit that once or twice they will stop coming over Im sure.
They can go around. Look at my aerial images. They can do cross at least a couple hundred feet south of property boundary with their owner. I'm familiar with use of repelling using hotwire, tape, and electrified poultry netting.

That has all been addressed. I'm in Missouri like you, specifically Callaway County across the river from Jefferson City. Callaway County has lax laws on dogs.
Im in Jefferson County and they are pretty strict with domesticated animals. Its sad some owners dont control their dogs. I had some great dogs in the past ( Boxer, Lab ) that wouldnt cross a boundary ( some surprised me as they werent trained, they just stayed close to the house and never ventured out ) now our recent dog, a german shepherd ran, went after everything, kept killing wild turkeys, havent seen a deer since my wife got her , would run after the neighbors free ranging chickens.....nope, got rid of that dog quick. Now all the wildlife is returning but still havent seen any deer, hopefully soon as when I first bought the house deer tracks were everywhere around the house. Told my wife, I wasnt getting sued if that dog went after someones cattle or horse...ect.. although we put her on a lead she would still slip out of her collar or chew through the leads.... I was done with that .

They can go around. Look at my aerial images. They can do cross at least a couple hundred feet south of property boundary with their owner. I'm familiar with use of repelling using hotwire, tape, and electrified poultry netting.
But its cheap enough for the nylon electric wire to run a few low strands. after they hit it a couple times they wont come back... move it around if needed, element of surprise LOL

I'm starting to wonder if maybe it might be less expensive for you in the long run to just add another dog. An enormous LGD might be more of a deterant, and based on your future plans, you may need another anyway.
Sorry if I missed it before, what breeds do you currently have?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe it might be less expensive for you in the long run to just add another dog. An enormous LGD might be more of a deterant, and based on your future plans, you may need another anyway.
Sorry if I missed it before, what breeds to you currently have?
He has english shepherds (though one might be different, cant remember).

Attachments

• 1643139438646.png
    1643139438646.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom