Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
If the neighbors were truly interested in keeping the dogs contained they would invest in wired perimeter/ground fence with collars on the dogs that shock them when they get to close to the wire. But doing so would mean that THEY have to expend effort and money. I dont expect they would do anything until they are under legal obligation and or finally realize that they will incur more in fines than a fence and responsible behavior will cost.

Can you establish a funneled set up that sort of steers intruding dogs into a large fenced area that you can close a gate behind them, then push them through to a more contained area? Sort of like the funnel and chute set ups used to contain wild horses or cattle?

If the neighbors were truly interested in keeping the dogs contained they would invest in wired perimeter/ground fence with collars on the dogs that shock them when they get to close to the wire. But doing so would mean that THEY have to expend effort and money. I dont expect they would do anything until they are under legal obligation and or finally realize that they will incur more in fines than a fence and responsible behavior will cost.

Can you establish a funneled set up that sort of steers intruding dogs into a large fenced area that you can close a gate behind them, then push them through to a more contained area? Sort of like the funnel and chute set ups used to contain wild horses or cattle?
That I can do making it like a large fishing weir like shown below except made of goat panels. Opening would face where dogs come through fence. What might make is really impactful is having it setup so dogs enter as soon as they cross property boundary and neighbors can see it and recognize what it is for!

1643387734364.png

I'm talking with Fulton Animal Control Shelter on how to deal with captured dogs. The county sheriff's office said I will need to take dogs in as they have no means for transport. This will be a one dog at a time procedure with 20 mile drive each way. Time and gas will be expended.

The dogs do bark and growl at me now. They regard me as a threat. I will not handle them directly with physical contact.
As a property manager (many years ago) I spent a lot of time catching dogs, knocking on doors, calling residents and transporting nuisance dogs to the shelter because their owners refused to keep them up. Some of the owners were fined and allowed to get their dogs back but others weren't so lucky.The county declared some as dangerous and put them down.(CYA) They'll soon learn the consequences of not controlling their dogs. Be safe!!!!

Catching one and taking it to a shelter is needed at this point.
As a property manager (many years ago) I spent a lot of time catching dogs, knocking on doors, calling residents and transporting nuisance dogs to the shelter because their owners refused to keep them up. Some of the owners were fined and allowed to get their dogs back but others weren't so lucky.The county declared some as dangerous and put them down.(CYA) They'll soon learn the consequences of not controlling their dogs. Be safe!!!!
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom