Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
First round of trapping underway. I will be listening to female dog confined to barnyard area and her mother that is free-range while centered on house. Neighbors are indicated when Flo in barn barks rapidly 4 times and Honey barks very deeply three times and starts moving in direction of barn. Camera has been readjusted so dogs jumping against fence like last night will be recorded.
I'm happy to hear the first round of trapping is underway!Be safe!

The number of dogs involved I think makes that approach too expensive. Owners of greatest concern have at least seven dogs and suspect I have never seen all at once.
I thought all jurisdictions had a limit on dogs (3 Max) might want to look into that as well with the Health department (animal control )

I'm in upstate NY. No limit to how many dogs I can have. I do have 3, but if my wife had her way, we'd have a dozen, lol
My 1st husband was a dog in his previous life and this one too.He had 26 dogs and pups when we were married .He had to drag a school bus home so they'd have a big enough dog house to sleep in. I almost died of a heart attack I got so mad. :lau

My 1st husband was a dog in his previous life and this one too.He had 26 dogs and pups when we were married .He had to drag a school bus home so they'd have a big enough dog house to sleep in. I almost died of a heart attack I got so mad. :lau
We have had in excess of 20 dogs at a time when I was young. Virtually all were penned as they were hunting dogs. Another dog or two slept on front porch except at night and another went every where we did in truck and when on horse back. Lots of acreage with nearest neighbors more than 1/2 mile away helped.

We have had in excess of 20 dogs at a time when I was young. Virtually all were penned as they were hunting dogs. Another dog or two slept on front porch except at night and another went every where we did in truck and when on horse back. Lots of acreage with nearest neighbors more than 1/2 mile away helped.
It wasn't so much the number of dogs he had but the fact the school bus he dragged in the driveway (by a piece of heavy equipment)was an eyesore and had no wheels.Then we had puppies by 2 different females running around everywhere underneath our cars .It was a nightmare trying to go to work or come home without running over one. He couldn't have put that bus in a worse place .All because he was didn't want to build anything for them.

Neighbors and their dogs have been exceptionally quite this weekend. Not a single dog incursion suspected since last incident. That said, they have had longer intervals in the past without dogs coming over or at least detected.

The difference I think is they are not releasing them during day or evening. It appears dogs are chained or otherwise contained within a fenced perimeter not coming into contact with my property. Spending more on 10' x 10' kennels has proven better approach for me, but I have found they are better under a roof and dogs need to be let out and worked periodically. as in at least daily. Neighbors are not likely doing that; too many dogs for me to tackle effort like I do it. My fenced in barnyard appears larger than their entire property and I have my pasture and woods to take dogs to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom