Dog is back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
yes they do, they've got ones big enough for a wolf, just bate it outside of the penned up area, that way ya shouldn't have to sacfrice another hen, warning you may want to get a closed trap or make one for skunks too otherwise it's shoot the dog, you can also file a police report about it and then take them to court for cost of replacing the chickens as they are responsible for their god running
yes my dog is my god

HOA president being uncooperative neighbor, owner of dangerous dog, rules written the way they are, etc. This whole situation. Sounds like a conflict of interest. Is there any city, county or state statute that overrides the HOA, I wonder? That protects your livestock from the dog even though the HOA says otherwise? Or is that what you're working on through AC? Maybe it's time to write a polite letter to your State Rep. explaining how this guy is controlling his fiefdom through intimidation.

I hear that, my neighbors dog I went with a little air pellet pistol but you gotta be within like 40 ft of them, so if I hit their dog with it , it didn't really hurt the dog but he learned not to break into my yard again and it wouldn't really hurt the animal, but problem with that is it requires you to be there, same as the trainer.chaser I got, they don't like it but stay away from it, My neighbor thinks she can let her dog run loose with a leash law here but I warned her had gone to the bb gun to run off her dog as Dog had now killed 6 and she says sorry I don't have money to pay for your chickens then still had the nerve to ask for free eggs,and continued to let said dog run. I warned her she owed me 600 dollars and if she didn't keep the dog contained as the police are already aware of situation and complaints because they were chasing som
It said that no property was allowed to have electrifies wire and that any and all fencing had to be approved through the HOA board.
yes my dog is my god
lol should
yes my dog is my god
should not have tped when not properly caffeinated, that was dog, theres ya some humor for the day lol

The neighbor's dog came back again today. I had posted about a month ago that he broke into our run and killed one of our chickens. We reinforced the run, and this time he wasn't able to break in, but he kept throwing himself against the run, then the coop. We found out we can't put up an electric fence, per the HOA.

The neighbors were snarky about it this time. He is kept behind a wireless fence, but apparently chicken is worth getting shocked.
We called animal control to ask what could be done since the neighbors were not cooperative. They said legally we can kill the dog if it is even attempting to get into the pen, but I would hate to go that far. However, he is going to keep coming back. We are not going to always be home, and even if we are, this is a 100 plus pound black lab/pitbull mix. My husband doesn't want me attempting to chase him off if he isn't there, in case the dog becomes aggressive.

Ugh. I am not really asking for advice, but just venting!

I just stumbled on this and haven't read all of what's here... all 11 pages.... but Animal Control said you could kill the dog.... While I'm not endorsing that at this time... I'd consider purchasing a paintball gun. It won't hurt him, but it will sure as h*ll get his attention! And his owners, when he comes home with a splat of pink paint across his middle. They'll probably call the cops... but you have it from Animal Control... you could have done far worse.

Shoot it with a paintball gun. Several years ago a member was having problems with a dog on her property. She told her neighbor but the neighbor said it wasn't his dog on her property so the next time it showed up she shot it with a paintball.
GREAT idea ... and if you use a color that stains, there's no denying it when the police drop in to follow up. If the dog actually gets in or damages a fence, be sure to send them with a copy of the replace-or-repair bill!

Aren't there restrictions on paint-ball guns too? - Just a honest question!
Someone shot my dog with a paintball gun but was a different type of ball because it totally popped a big hole in her side about the size of a Canadian toonie. I think it was the guy next door ?..His dog comes here to chase my Birds..:barnie
Bindi chases him home...:th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom