Dog name ideas?

Sage means wise one,
Page means attendant, assistant
Socorro means helper

Ember, Skye, Nova, and Sage are cute!

I'm hoping they will let me go ahead and pick mine out while I am there tomorrow. Fingers crossed it all works out! :)

So I was looking around and found a full sibling to one of these pups, from last years litter. But she's a tri!

Mom and dad are both black and white, I just assumed the pups would all be the same. And I thought tri was recessive from what I understood??

Anyone here good with color genetics? I understand all the other colors genetics that are possible for Border Collies, reds, merles, dilutes, etc.

But the tri still confuses me, I have read about the tri genetics multiple times, but it still just doesn't click with me. Another thing, from what I understand some aren't born with the tri markings, but get them over time?

Here's a good link I found:

http://www.bordercollies.nl/egenkl.shtml

I guess technically it isn't hard to believe, I guess both parents carry the tri gene. So 25% of pups should be tri?

Just crazy the only sibling picture I found was of a tri. Guess it is good to know that tri is also a possibility.

Hi there,
I live in the uk and I think a great name would be Meghan for a girl, Meg for short. It's a name we are seeing a lot of at the moment...the Royal wedding happening this year! Or maybe in the same theme...Harry for a boy dog?

Some great gender neutral names

Concrete
Fridge
Cheese Board
Turkey
Dog
Horse
Trash bag
Box
Garlic
Stapler
Brick
Copper bottom
Cable
Toaster
Eugene

:gig
In all seriousness though, it's 100% up to you what you call your new dog. But if they're going to be a heading dog, single syllable names work well when you have to shout commands when they're working

Back
Top Bottom