Dog poop should I pick it up or not....

2468Chickensrgr8

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
Ontario
what would you do?
Look like "poop" is the topic of the day soooooohere's mine.....
We moved here to the country from the city over a year ago.In the city I picked up after my dog all the time....we now live in the country on a dirt road and I have been still picking up after my dog.....hard habit to break.....But this past fall after meeting another neighbour and buying a quarter cow from them (MMMM GOOD)having a tea they asked me why do I carry aound a plastic bag....is it to pick up after the dog? I said yes and also another bag to pick up the empties people through in the ditch (25 dollars over the summer....:
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
.thank you very much plus excercise !!!) and they laughed and said dont be doing that...your in the country! Its a dirt road!.....So my question to you all is.....Should I still be picking it up or should I kick it into the ditch and hopefully not step on it when I am collecting an empty?? and ALOT of people drink and drive shame shame shame....!!! and it would be nice of them to place a case of empties gently in the ditch instead of throwing the case so some don't break !!! thanks in advance

In the country, I'd leave the poop and pick up the cans or trash. You have more critters pooping around there than you have bags for if you know what I mean,
lol.png

We live in the country...but our dogs are fenced in. We scoop poo...just so it doesn't smell later..like after a rain. Of course, we toss it in the woods....near the leach bed for our septic. Also...I like a clean back yard..when I mow! LOL

if it is on the dirt road where you are not constantly going to be stepping in it I say leave it. Our dog poo's in the gravel drive that leads to our house. The cars and rain take care of the poo there. But if she were pooing in the part of the yard we use daily I would clean it.

I think you should do what makes you happy. If you want to pick it up then do so despite what the neighbor says. I always pick up my dogs poo, no matter where we are, I figure it's the right thing to do.
smile.png

Leave the poo, I agree with horsechick.
Pick up the cans.
I never even imagined how many ppl liter till I moved to the country.
Cans in my ditch, and tons of paper/plastic products blow into my yard.

I hear you about the garbage...it totally amazes me.....i cannot understand how people figure the sofa or tires they throw in the ditches are going to compost? It's not a banana peel !! and in the city when they do yard waste pick up and people miss the day they figure they can just come and dump it into a country ditch and it will disappear over time...but meanwhile everyone living on the road has to look at the piles of brown paper bags piling up.....I can go on forever !!! and it just amazes me about all the beer cans I find and most of the cans are expensive beer !!!!!
Thanks for the advice on picking up the dog doooo.....my dog always waits for a car to go by and thats when he will do it......hahaha.....In the city I could just place a bag under his butt because he was on a shorter leash...
and also I have to mention in the spring after the thaw this county people get together and pick up all the garbage in the ditches and then have a BBQ etc afterwards....but most people pick up after others....
roll.png

If it is a place where lots of people are walking I would pick up the poo, if not, let it go. So if you're hiking with your dog, pick it up if it does it on the trail, but not if the poo is in the woods.

After picking up many beer cans while camping, I would have to say that around here the litterbug fisherman's beverage of choice is Bud Light. My kids make pocket money when camping by picking up empties.

Good for you for picking up the trash!
As for the poop, I wouldn't bother, although I do encourage my dog to go off of the side of the road a bit so that no one else steps in it. The grossest time of year is right after the first big spring thaw - a season's worth of half frozen, moldy poops everywhere you look...
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom