Dog thread!🐾

Pics
What word does everyone use for recall?

trying to think of a good word because, their name, “here“ or “come“ aren’t working, I keep accidentally saying them
I use common words like “here, come, stay” combined with hand gestures and arm movements.

Maddie (left) and Max. They are 6 yr old siblings rescued from a stray American bulldog who was found pregnant. They have never been separated.

IMG_2899.jpeg

Growing up my mom raised Afghan hounds They were AKC champion- one a male pure white maskless was a Canadian Champion, and a female blue that bred gorgeous pewter-blue pups. One of the female pups (named Baby) went on to become AKC champion in midwest- I showed the dogs as a teen and young adult (1000 yrs ago). She was a true ham in the arena and so remarkable that she rarely took anything less than 2nd. Sadly I have no pics (predigital era)

I can’t pass up posting pics of my past loyal pups. Casey was a yellow lab mix pound puppy. We adopted him at 2 yrs old and he lived until her was 12 yrs old. He loved everyone, but because of trauma in his first 2 years he had a lot of phobias. He was a gentle soul despite that.
Kaddie was a black lab mixed with some kind of herding breed. She used to ‘babysit’ the kids and tried to reel them in when they rode off on power wheels. Kaddie went blind and developed dementia at 13 yrs old. We miss her!
Bella was our only AKC registered dog- St Bernard. She was pure, but a rescue from ppl that grossly over bred the parents- the ppl lost the dogs to authorities- diff story. Bella was very lovable and my husbands companion wherever he went. We live in big snow country- She loved the snow so much that she would feel content to be buried in it up to her neck and would want out just to lay on the snowbanks. Bella developed osteosarcoma of the forearm just before her 5th birthday, noticed by a new limp. It is an aggressive metastatic cancer that by the time it’s diagnosed nothing would cure it, not even full arm/ shoulder amputation. She was 125 lbs lived 2 months from diagnosis, and she got steak every day until we put her down.

Attachments

• _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1488722929167.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1488722929167.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4
  • _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1488722966484.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1488722966484.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
  • _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1481062210761.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1481062210761.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4
  • _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20191101_151235.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20191101_151235.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 6
  • _storage_emulated_0_Download_IMG_2214.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_Download_IMG_2214.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 7
  • _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1481062187386.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Facebook_FB_IMG_1481062187386.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 7
Growing up my mom raised Afghan hounds They were AKC champion- one a male pure white maskless was a Canadian Champion, and a female blue that bred gorgeous pewter-blue pups. One of the female pups (named Baby) went on to become AKC champion in midwest- I showed the dogs as a teen and young adult (1000 yrs ago). She was a true ham in the arena and so remarkable that she rarely took anything less than 2nd. Sadly I have no pics (predigital era)

I can’t pass up posting pics of my past loyal pups. Casey was a yellow lab mix pound puppy. We adopted him at 2 yrs old and he lived until her was 12 yrs old. He loved everyone, but because of trauma in his first 2 years he had a lot of phobias. He was a gentle soul despite that.
Kaddie was a black lab mixed with some kind of herding breed. She used to ‘babysit’ the kids and tried to reel them in when they rode off on power wheels. Kaddie went blind and developed dementia at 13 yrs old. We miss her!
Bella was our only AKC registered dog- St Bernard. She was pure, but a rescue from ppl that grossly over bred the parents- the ppl lost the dogs to authorities- diff story. Bella was very lovable and my husbands companion wherever he went. We live in big snow country- She loved the snow so much that she would feel content to be buried in it up to her neck and would want out just to lay on the snowbanks. Bella developed osteosarcoma of the forearm just before her 5th birthday, noticed by a new limp. It is an aggressive metastatic cancer that by the time it’s diagnosed nothing would cure it, not even full arm/ shoulder amputation. She was 125 lbs lived 2 months from diagnosis, and she got steak every day until we put her down.
What beautiful dogs! 😍 We have a coonhound/border collie who babysat our doberman when he was little. I love St Bernards!

Back
Top Bottom