Dog thread!šŸ¾

wish list birds right there

me and my mom went through this phase of wanting all different poultry, we went from emus to quail to guineas to peafowl to ducks all in one week šŸ¤£
I am still in that phase, minus the emus and probably the guineas!

I am working on a 110 ft Ɨ 75 ft aviary area (not including the coop that continues to grow in size) for more chickens, some ducks, geese, turkeys, pheasants, etc.

Hello! I got an Australian Shepherd puppy about 3 months ago on March 2nd, Texas Independence Day. I named him Ranger!

Ranger is a Black Tri-Colored Australian Shepherd and he is going to be 5 months old on the 29th.

I don't know about doing shows with Ranger, but I have thought about it when I look at how handsome he is already. While it isn't 100% a plan yet, I am thinking of maybe making him a stud since his paperwork shows that he comes from a great bloodline of Aussies. I have also been training him to come with me to work with my chickens. So far so good!
View attachment 3845170
View attachment 3845171

Ranger gets very well socialized with dogs because he is always around at least one dog here. There are 3 other dogs here, but they are not mine.

Australian Shepherds and Huskies have been my 2 dream dogs. I have 1/2 now!
He is gorgeous!

I am still in that phase, minus the emus and probably the guineas!

I am working on a 110 ft Ɨ 75 ft aviary area (not including the coop that continues to grow in size) for more chickens, some ducks, geese, turkeys, pheasants, etc.
Hopefully once we move and things settle down i can get some more different birds, birds are addicting šŸ¤£

Good luck in the show ring (guessing AKC)!
Hello! I got an Australian Shepherd puppy about 3 months ago on March 2nd, Texas Independence Day. I named him Ranger!

Ranger is a Black Tri-Colored Australian Shepherd and he is going to be 5 months old on the 29th.

I don't know about doing shows with Ranger, but I have thought about it when I look at how handsome he is already. While it isn't 100% a plan yet, I am thinking of maybe making him a stud since his paperwork shows that he comes from a great bloodline of Aussies. I have also been training him to come with me to work with my chickens. So far so good!
View attachment 3845170
View attachment 3845171

Ranger gets very well socialized with dogs because he is always around at least one dog here. There are 3 other dogs here, but they are not mine.

Australian Shepherds and Huskies have been my 2 dream dogs. I have 1/2 now!

Prove him in the show ring and get his OFA done, and if all that checks out, then you could definitely consider having him available in case any ethical Aussie breeder wants to use him in their programme!

What's his breeder's kennel name?

Good luck in the show ring (guessing AKC)!

Prove him in the show ring and get his OFA done, and if all that checks out, then you could definitely consider having him available in case any ethical Aussie breeder wants to use him in their programme!

What's his breeder's kennel name?
Veal Station Aussies. When we bought him we got all his paperwork as well as some on his genetics.

What kind of training should I do to prove him in a show ring?

Hopefully once we move and things settle down i can get some more different birds, birds are addicting šŸ¤£
I agree! I have 48 chickens right now! 21 of them are for sale though!

It seems like my 10 week old Buff Orpington chicks have signed up to be ducks because when they make noise it sounds luke quacks because of their voice cracks!

Back
Top Bottom