Dog "wheezing" and "hacking"?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
For about 24 hours, our 5 year old Lab has been almost "wheezing" as if he has something stuck in his throat. It started yesterday morning, and came and went throughout the day. I thought it had disappeared by this morning its back. He'll make an almost wheezy breathing sound, and then "hack" as if he is going to/wants to puke. Any thoughts? I've tried to look into his throat but of course that doesn't get a visual. He still breaths and acts fine, but it makes me wonder what's going on. Thank you of any feedback.

Sounds like Kennel cough. It's going around right now and can actually turn into pneumonia if you leave it untreated.

It starts off with coughing/wheezing/gagging. Please see a vet asap!

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/kennel-cough-symptoms-treatment-and-prevention/
I’m about getting o read that article, thank you for linking it. This is really inconvenient, we’re currently sitting in a ferry line planning on going to the beach for the weekend. We’ll be back on Monday afternoon. 😕
Just noticed he has super runny diarrhea, and he puked in the car. 😟 I’m starting to get concerned.

Back
Top Bottom