!%$%^* dog!

Quote:
A little bit of everything
hmm.png
The only time the dogs leave the property, is when they are both out at the same time-we are in a pretty rural area, and the one place they go to is a neighbor's through our corn field. Of course, when we went over there to bring them home, the neighbor said, I love having them over to visit...we give them treats! If they are out at different times, they go out, go potty, and come back in.

The main thing is yes, controlling what he finds to eat. I do free range my chickens when it is warm out (just let them out today, as a matter of fact) when the dogs are out, we have to watch them...only problem is, if the 5 or 7 year old "accidentally" let Max out, while I'm in the middle of meds, or nebulizer, or something else, with our youngest. That has been when the chickens have been at risk.

Bacon grease is a good idea-that didn't even occur to me. Though with him not eating his food that night, I think he was just that backed up, that he couldn't eat. Thank you for the ideas
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks, abluechipstock
smile.png

Coopcrazy, that sounds like a helpful preventative, I may look into that.

DiVon, I know the bone that my husband found (part of what we believe the dogs found) was just from a deceased animal-so not cooked. If it's an older skeleton though, maybe that would effect the pliableness of the bones?

Back
Top Bottom