Dog

The dog i don't believe was hungry, he was well fed and he was groomed excellently. he had pretty teeth, and was trained to sit. He was a purebred chinese pug. he had a collar. based on all of that i think he just wandered off ( plus the fact that he was a boy) but i have never seen him around here, which is weird.
and bullitt he would be a good one for warning when chickens are in danger, but we are a little to far down the road from them so it might not do any good. it will warn our neighbor when something comes, and trust me he will take care of it, especially if its a certain brown dog that killed one of my chickens and badly injured another. or if it was a coyote because those are everywhere here. but maybe when our new coop is ready he would be good. but for now, i think he is very content with Roy( our neighbor)

Take him to the pound.Take him to the police station.Take him to neighbors. Glad you found someone to take him.

The neighbors have a dog that roams to houses with kids ( she likes playing with kids, mine included). The dog doesn't mess with anything. Well one day she showed up with a coat on (which I know the owner wouldn't do) and a piece of paper around her collar. The note said that the dog is always playing with "her" kids so they got the dog a coat for Xmas. So I took the dog and explain to the neighbor that it wasn't me, must be across the road. But you could try wrapping a note around his collar if he acts like he wants to go home. Good luck.

Intact males will go for miles to find a female in heat. Who knows why this little fella is lost, but as a caring human being, I'd start making phone calls. Call the area vets, call the animal control, call the neighbors. Don't mention the collar as the owner will know what color, and you don't have to mention the breed when talking to the neighbors. Just reveal the dog's color, ear type and so forth. The owners will know what breed of dog this is.

Just because the dog is wandering does not mean the owner is negligent-look how well this guy can escape. As I see it this dog is lost and came to humans for help. Somebody at some time treated this dog well as he trusts people. Call around and see who lost a dog. Pugley will appreciate your efforts.

we are way out here in the country and animal control won't be out here for hours and his tag doesn't give a number. we can't put him in our garage bc its really junked up and with his energy things will go flying. we are hoping he will go home. I'm worn out! i have tried everything but what works apparently!
th.gif

You stated his tag did not give a number do you mean his rabies tag? if that is the case call the local vet and giver them the tag number, they can track down an owner from that, also look on the inside of the collar, i put my name and number their on all my dogs collars just in case the rabies tag gets lost.When my daughter got her GP mix i put her phone number and last name on the collar, she came up missing new years and we looked every where for her, My daughter got a call from a farm down the road and they had finely looked at the collar and saw the number and tag.
A very happy ending.

Just wanted to mention that he could have been dumped and not by his owner, i have read adds in the local classifieds here where people are looking for their dog that they think a neighbor took and dumped, it happens .

My neighbor across the creek had his dog come up missing and ended up finding him 2 towns over.
Wasn't to long after that another neighbor across the creek was telling me how he had hauled this dog off and it ended up back in his pasture and he shot it for chasing his cattle, my other neighbor still does not know what happend to his dog and i ain't talking.

Last edited:
i would definitely call arnd, vets and animal control nearby. pugs are not a dog one would dump off. you are a good person to take him in. he may be micro chipped, a vet can scan for no charge.

He was fixed, pretty recently but no stitches, he is healed. and he just had a collar no ID or anything on him. and we live out here in the country so only a few neighbors who live far away from each other. we are going to ask around when this rain lets up and we are keeping an eye out for any missing signs.

Just wanted to mention that he could have been dumped and not by his owner, i have read adds in the local classifieds here where people are looking for their dog that they think a neighbor took and dumped, it happens .

My neighbor across the creek had his dog come up missing and ended up finding him 2 towns over.
Wasn't to long after that another neighbor across the creek was telling me how he had hauled this dog off and it ended up back in his pasture and he shot it for chasing his cattle, my other neighbor still does not know what happend to his dog and i ain't talking.

Yeah this actually does happen. Happened to us before. We got a dachshund puppy from these people who were abusing him. Once he had been fixed, well-fed and settled in nicely they realized they wanted him back. This also was not the first time the people had come back to reclaim a dog, they also did it to a family friend of ours who got a shar pei with mange from them. Anyways we wouldn't give him back, a week or so later he disappeared. Considering he showed aggressive tendencies towards that family we can only assume he bit one of them and they kicked him out. Two months later we got a call from animal control thinking they found our dog. He was found in the neighborhood across from where that family lived. Which was probably about fifteen minutes from us...

But yeah, I'm glad someone took him in, even if only for the night. Hopefully someone shows up....

Back
Top Bottom