Dogs and cats - Why is it ok for cats to kill things for fun?

I have barnyard cats but I am so LUCKY that my cats DO NOT chase, hunt or kill any of my chickens. If anything, the chickens run after, chase, attack, peck, beat up and abuse my poor barn cats and the barn cats run the heck away and hide. My cats know who is boss and knows who runs the barnyard and it's not the cats. I also keep my barnyard cats fed at all times, to they are never hungry, so they do not have the desire to run after and kill the cats, even though it's their instinct to hunt and kill. I guess I'm just lucky.

Quote:
City cats do have to have tags, but rarely get them. So there's a hefty fine when a city cat owner reclaims a cat that was picked up because it bolted out the door when a small child was coming inside the house, at the same time a neighbor was baiting a cage. Ask me how I know this
hmm.png

Jezebel was later told, "You'd better be good because I can't afford to bail you out of jail again!"

Quote:
Good thing you keep your cats fed, so they don't run after and kill your cats.....
gig.gif

Sorry just thought that was funny, I make my share of mistakes, and typos

sad.png
I am sorry to say that my fiance's dog has killed two cats in our yard that have wandered into it in the past month, plus two raccoons and two of our chickens. The dog has some very bad behavioral problems as well. I do not like the fact that the dog has killed, not one bit. I do not think it is right for stray cats to kill either. It works both ways. I feel one should control your cat and/or dog or don't have them. Be responsible. This dog is no longer with us as of last night. Something very unfortunate happend.

Last edited:
Quote:
Good thing you keep your cats fed, so they don't run after and kill your cats.....
gig.gif

No, that wasn't a mistake.
gig.gif

Some people don't care for and feed their animals.
gig.gif

I feed my stray barnyard cats. These cats found me, so that's why I say MY cats. They really are not my cats. People have dropped them off in the country and they find their way to my house. So, I keep them OVERfed.
gig.gif
People tell me to not feed them so much so that they can kill and eat mice and rats but I still over feed them and they still kill and eat the rats and mice. YUCK! I guess that's why they don't kill the chickens.

Quote:
Nope, they work hard at home every day managing our Swiss bank accounts, ordering toys online, monitoring BYC and scaring away axe murderers. See how exhausted they get?

2593_bandj.jpg

Quote:
That had to be one heck of a dog just to catch a stray cat. In my opinion the dog was doing his job by attacking the cats and raccoons. If it got out and killed an animal on someone else's property that would be different.

When my dog is outside on his run he serves as a deterrent to predators but I highly doubt he could catch a cat or know what to do with one if he caught it.

Quote:
gig.gif

No, that wasn't a mistake.
gig.gif

Some people don't care for and feed their animals.
gig.gif

I feed my stray barnyard cats. These cats found me, so that's why I say MY cats. They really are not my cats. People have dropped them off in the country and they find their way to my house. So, I keep them OVERfed.
gig.gif
People tell me to not feed them so much so that they can kill and eat mice and rats but I still over feed them and they still kill and eat the rats and mice. YUCK! I guess that's why they don't kill the chickens.

I also keep my barnyard cats fed at all times, to they are never hungry, so they do not have the desire to run after and kill the cats, ???????

Back
Top Bottom