Dogs (and I'm at my wits end sleep-deprived)

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
It's been 4 nights straight with these dang dogs coming around.
The hot-wire is a great deterrant, but that dosen't stop them from running the fence, barking, and acting foolish.
Last night, the dogs drug / rolled a cage with a lone MGB roo. 2' x 4' heavy guage wire, about 15 feet into the woods. The cage wasn't in the electrified zone').
What I noticed is my girls stop laying when they get 'messed with' in the night.
Even if it isn't right in their pen, they hear the ruckus and it has an effect on how they lay.
Thanks for listening,
Lisa

Lisa, I am so sorry for all your troubles with the dogs! Why not call animal control?
rat shot will do the trick

I agree... but so will a 30.06... don't mean to sound mean but after 4 nights... enough is enough!​

I was trying to be polite. I keep my shotgun with the turkey choke in it by the door. I have a shoot, don't tell policy. If I shoot, they usually don't get the chance to tell.

I use the 22/44 method.

I pop them the 1st time with my .22 air rifle pumped just a couple of times, just to really sting them.

2nd time I use my .44 magnum, end of story.

Usually they don't come back the 2nd time.
big_smile.png

LOL I know Kristen, I try to be polite too... but after 4 nights I had to throw my two cents in with the 30.06

And I agree 100% on shoot and not tell policy... sorry if there are others that hold this against me... but I have had enough with telling the neighbors to keep their dogs off my property... after the third time... I take care of it myself... now that I have chickens... they dont get a second chance... I refuse to loose everything I have worked so hard to get!!! Not to mention cant afford to replace what I have!!!

ditto on that windyoaks. I use to be so afraid to defend my property and animals because we do have some neighbors close by but crap, I work my a$$ off and spend my little bit of money on my family, animals and property. I'll be dang if something is getting my hard earned stuff without paying for it.

Back
Top Bottom