Dogs at parks

I wonder if maybe it's for safety reasons?

It's one thing to ward off a dog attack on land, but in the water? Some dogs panic in water and try to use people as a flotation device and end up scratching people. Or worse, could you imagine some irresponsible dog owner letting their large 100lb dog swim and then it panicks for whatever reason and tries to climb on top of a child?

I would think it was more safety reasons that cleanliness. But then again, how often do you see "public authorities" blaming waterfowl for fouling up public water? There was an article I read the other day, where public authorities had to prohibited swimming in a public lake because the bacteria "from the geese and ducks" had gotten too high.
roll.png

Some rules have real purpose, and some rules only have reasoning.

Its usually because dogs are unpredictable someones dog may be the best behaved thing in the world but others might not listen at all or their owners dont give a rip. There is the issue of dog fights /dogs attacking people/dog poop left behind or over friendly dogs that jump up on everyone or knock down little kids. I don't trust other peoples dogs specially with my kids. they aren't going to be in the water the whole time.
its actually one of my pet peeves when I go to a non dog park and I see people with dogs. I have two dogs but if I am going to take them out its to a place where they are ALLOWED to be.
I have had my dogs in designated dog parks and you still get people with unruly bad mannered dogs off leash that attack other dogs or run up to people and jump on them. but at a dog park you are sorta prepared for that.

Quote:
I don't even want to think about how much those collars cost. Yikes. The dinky little ones cost enough as it is!

It was about $350. It's a Dogtra brand that's highly recommended by trainers because it has 127 intensity settings instead of just a few, and a vibrate only option if your dog is REALLY sensitive. It's also one of the only ones that I could find that BOTH the collar and the remote are supposed to be 100% waterproof.

Really overspent for the # of times we use it. But.
Well worth the value of my beloved doggy if she was in danger and not listening to me.

And yes, it would fit on a 16 year old boy because the collar that came with it has holes punched every 1/2" ALL the way around! LOL
lol.png

Wow! That's quite a collar! Please don't tell me more, or Ill be too tempted to buy it . . . which would be monumentally silly, since my dog would be on a leash while wading. It's amazing how properly used shock collars can create the best trained dogs. It's a shame that the people who don't know how to properly train with them wind up giving them a bad rep.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
i ll rememeber that when my son is 16!

one time some of us were getting a bit schwilly and we dared each other to put the dog collar for the invisble fence on to see how bad it was. i tell ya, it was the funniest thing EVER!

Back
Top Bottom