Dogs eating chicken poo

yeah.... my dog reallllly likes eating poo. Im pretty sure thats more normal for dogs though. anyways, theres not much that I can do about it, but he doesn't ever get sick from doing it. If your chickens have something that they would pass on I would be pretty careful.

Oh, thank goodness!! I thought mine was the only poop-eating aberration. I was too embarrassed to even ask if any one else was having this problem! Thanks for asking the tough question for me!

mm

Both my chickens and my dogs free range. For all I know they eat eachothers poo. I haven't seen that the chickens eat the dog poo but I know that the dogs LOVE the chicken poo. I guess that is kinda what free ranging is all about.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I've got news for you. Unless you're in active control of your dog constantly it eats poop as well. All dogs do. Nasty from my perspective but they seem to like it.

I watched a TV program, probably on Animal Planet, about training dogs not to eat each others' poo. This was one of a series about dog training. It is obviously a very hard behavior to stop. When my chickens were mostly free range, my dog stayed overweight because of the chicken poo, and I see him hunt for it routinely, even though the chickens are now fenced away from him. Usually, a few firm "no's" are all he needs to stop a behavior, but not this one. He will stop when I speak but as soon as I turn my back....

Yes, best to worm your chickens first, then follow up 10 days later to get the hatchlings. When that clears up, worm the dogs, then again in 10 days as with the chickens. By the way, ya know why dogs eat chicken poo? To get the taste of their butt outta their mouth, LOL. Think about that next time one licks you in the mouth...........Pop
pop, you are great!

Quote: Really Ole rooster? It must be exhausting to follow your dog around all day making sure it doesn't eat anything it isn't suppose to. Personally, I have better things to do with my time.

Back
Top Bottom