Dogs got into my duck pen

Yeah it is hard to hear, and I actually did fill the tub a lot more I just didn’t record that part, that’s when the gray duck started breathing really heavily so I got worried, I’ve got a few videos of her breathing so I can upload those later

I really appreciate the help from everyone a lot and these two little ducks appreciate it even if they don’t know lol
Great to see them moving! They look both like they have had a really bad tike behind them. Poor ducks!

Make sure they eat enough. Its easy to become malnourished. It’s a positive sign that the grey one also is moving around… when you lift her on your arm with the feet dangling. Is the position of the leg normal?

@Miss Lydia i don’t hear it either in this vids.
Thank you so much for uploading pictures and videos. 😍

Great to see them moving! They look both like they have had a really bad tike behind them. Poor ducks!

Make sure they eat enough. Its easy to become malnourished. It’s a positive sign that the grey one also is moving around… when you lift her on your arm with the feet dangling. Is the position of the leg normal?

@Miss Lydia i don’t hear it either in this vids.
Thank you so much for uploading pictures and videos. 😍
Hey so the position on her leg is pretty abnormal when she lays down, it sometimes can be behind her although lately it’s been a little better, when she was swimming or when I pick her up it’s pretty normal just limp

I’ve been feeding them peas and they have their food and they are eating good, there’s some pictures I took of their feet, the black ones feet look good and I can tell it was hurting her but she could move it

This morning I moved them to a even bigger dog crate so they can move around more if they wish, and the gray one is still breathing a little hard but it’s calmed down mostly

Attachments

• IMG_5301.png
    IMG_5301.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5288.jpeg
    IMG_5288.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
im devastated, unfortunately the black duck died. the gray duck seems to be recovering and healthy and I thank you all so much, sorry to be the bearer of bad news and to bum you guys, im not exactly sure what happened as she seemed to be recovering and had energy so I dont think it was an illness or something I need to worry about with my other ducks

really sad but im glad I was able to give her some time that was relatively pain-free with her sister. im worried about the gray duck now as she wont have anyone except her parents outside who bully her, but she seems pretty healthy besides the foot issue

unfortunately a lot of stuff ends this way with poultry so it wasnt completely unexpected, again thank you guys so much as you all really helped me through this emotionally and physically of what to do

I am so sorry. I know these things happen but it doesn’t make it any easier. Can you section off a place for your gray duck once she fully recovers so she can be with the others but not be picked on? I hope she continues to improve and you’ve fixed the breach so this doesn’t happen again. Again very sorry:hugs

I am so sorry. I know these things happen but it doesn’t make it any easier. Can you section off a place for your gray duck once she fully recovers so she can be with the others but not be picked on? I hope she continues to improve and you’ve fixed the breach so this doesn’t happen again. Again very sorry:hugs
yeah I am not using that pen again before I do heavy improvements to it, and im going to put her outside with her parents in a huge dog crate, and I thank you so much

im devastated, unfortunately the black duck died. the gray duck seems to be recovering and healthy and I thank you all so much, sorry to be the bearer of bad news and to bum you guys, im not exactly sure what happened as she seemed to be recovering and had energy so I dont think it was an illness or something I need to worry about with my other ducks

really sad but im glad I was able to give her some time that was relatively pain-free with her sister. im worried about the gray duck now as she wont have anyone except her parents outside who bully her, but she seems pretty healthy besides the foot issue

unfortunately a lot of stuff ends this way with poultry so it wasnt completely unexpected, again thank you guys so much as you all really helped me through this emotionally and physically of what to do
So sorry she passed
You did all you could to help
Maybe there was some internal damage that couldn’t be seen

Back
Top Bottom