Dogs Killed my Cat!!!! ****NEW Update 5/19****

I have a simple rule for animals that run and hurt my animals....

SSS....

enough said....not for everyone, some may disagree, but my animals don't kill other people's animals, their's shouldn't either...at least more than once.....

I'm sorry for your lose. Your poor little guy must feel awful. There's probably nothing he could have done to change the outcome. One good bite can cause enough internal injuries to be fatal. RIP little kitty.

On another note....

I'm sure some one has already said this but make sure you keep a close eye on the bite/scratch. Cats (though I love them) have dirty mouths and claws. Bites/scratches can become infected very easily. Keep it clean and if you start seeing red streaks moving out away from the wound go to a doctor immediately. If your barn cat didn't have a rabies vaccination I'd probably take your boy to the doctor just to be on the safe side and take the poor cat to the vet to do a necropsy.

Updating

I just got back from the Dr's office and you all are right. He had to have it irrigated, the dr said its very deep. He had a tetnus and was put on antibiotics. Our state law requires drs to notify dhec of bites, so now I have to take the cat in for rabies testing, regardless of vaccinations and the dogs will be quarentined until the test results come back. I can quarantine them myself. I just have to pen them up. Dh wants us to get rid of our two big dogs now, so I don't know whats going to happen.

I have to take the cat to a vets office in town. This has at this point already cost us around $60 today counting the outrageous gas prices....now I have to go back to town 45 min. away! What a crappy day!

Oh, I'm so sorry for you and your son. Please tell him it's not his fault. A few seconds sooner would not have made a difference. What an awful day! Hope your son's leg is ok.

Yellowrosebouquet.jpg

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Even if your son had told you more clear what was going on there is no saying that you would have been able to stop it. Dogs can be vicous during an attack. I'm afraid I would have to agree with your DH. Even though they have never done this before I would never be able to trust them again if it were my dogs. Before any say easier said than done-you're right. I've had to go through putting a dog down that bite me.

I am so sorry, I just lost my wonderful long haired Siamese this week to the same thing. This cat would never leave the property. If a truck or car pulled up and he was outside he ran and hid. House dogs loved him. He was gentle and loved the dogs. Outside dog got him. DH stopped me from doing in the outside dog. Dh says he was only trying to play with him and did not mean to kill him. It doesn't wash with me. though...enough said, again, I am so sorry, I do know your pain.

Back
Top Bottom