Dogs thread!

I have two Shelties currently. Shelties are my breed, I've had five of them plus a rough collie and a mix.

My older Sheltie, Windy, 10 years old and still competing and placing (until the pandemic closed trials down). She loves agility more than almost anything else. The most intense Sheltie I've ever owned as far as being into her "work" - she's like a mini Border Collie.
WindySCCCTrial2.jpg

My youngster in training, Eevee, two years old. Strangely, not aloof towards strangers like Shelties normally are, very much a people person and socialite and not as serious about "work." I am working on building drive in her, since she mostly likes to just go with me around the course instead of driving out to obstacles. Very cuddly, though, and coming along in agility, though the pandemic spoiled her planned debut at the agility trials.
IMG_4134.JPG

Last edited:
I have two Shelties currently. Shelties are my breed, I've had five of them plus a rough collie and a mix.

My older Sheltie, Windy, 10 years old and still competing and placing (until the pandemic closed trials down). She loves agility more than almost anything else. The most intense Sheltie I've ever owned as far as being into her "work" - she's like a mini Border Collie.
View attachment 2442190

My youngster in training, Eevee, two years old. Strangely, not aloof towards strangers like Shelties normally are, very much a people person and socialite and not as serious about "work." I am working on building drive in her, since she mostly likes to just go with me around the course instead of driving out to obstacles. Very cuddly, though, and coming along in agility, though the pandemic spoiled her planned debut at the agility trials.
View attachment 2442197
Looks like Lassie! Those dogs are so stunning but I dont know how you deal with all that hair! Its longer than mine lol

Looks like Lassie! Those dogs are so stunning but I dont know how you deal with all that hair! Its longer than mine lol
They do shed and I brush mine thoroughly twice a week, but they sure have less hair than your average Golden Retriever, because they are smaller dogs. Mine are around 20 lbs, being on the larger end of the scale for their breed.

Now my rough collie, SHE was a shedder and TONS of hair! I'd say she was the equivalent of around five Shelties!

They do shed and I brush mine thoroughly twice a week, but they sure have less hair than your average Golden Retriever, because they are smaller dogs. Mine are around 20 lbs, being on the larger end of the scale for their breed.

Now my rough collie, SHE was a shedder and TONS of hair! I'd say she was the equivalent of around five Shelties!
I thought my huskies were bad shredders but honestly not that bad since the hair is shorter. My female husky sheds 5x more than our male.

View attachment 2442199

View attachment 2442202
Beautiful dog! I’m in Love lol

Back
Top Bottom