Dogs thread!

Pics
The weimaraner would eat softballs? Like legit softballs? Those things are huge!
Seriously. It only took a few days and it would chew the leather off and rip into the rest. His dog was very hyper, almost to the level of a chocolate lab (choc labs the most hyper breed of dog I have seen in my 50+ years of living).

Seriously. It only took a few days and it would chew the leather off and rip into the rest. His dog was very hyper, almost to the level of a chocolate lab (choc labs the most hyper breed of dog I have seen in my 50+ years of living).

I can see that. My weim will chew up everything we give him. You know those black kongs that are supposed to be for extreme chewers? Childs play. Any toy that says it is for the toughest chewer, he chews through in less than a day. And we are very active with him so I know he is not bored. He just uses his teeth like a saw, back and forth until whatever it is is gone

I wanted to share a picture of my pups. The little girl is Ellie Mae and the boy is Jesse Roscoe. They're Maltese. I lost Jesse at the age of 17 years old on August 3rd 2013 and lost Ellie at the age of 7, on August 25th 2013. That was such a difficult month and while after but they were so very special. I always say that Ellie is my "furry soul mate". This is my favorite picture of them (its on my laptop)
View attachment 2449981
Such pretty babies :love
I was blessed with a furry soul mate and they are so special. Have you been able to bring yourself to get more pups? I have been blessed a second time and while it’s not exactly the same, it’s still a relationship that has its own specialness.

Such pretty babies :love
I was blessed with a furry soul mate and they are so special. Have you been able to bring yourself to get more pups? I have been blessed a second time and while it’s not exactly the same, it’s still a relationship that has its own specialness.
Thank you so much. I was so in love with those babies and still get choked up thinking about everything my precious Ellie had to go through in her last few weeks of life. Watching her suffer from seizures just out of the blue, days after Jesse died, was extremely traumatic for me, so i can't imagine how awful it was for her. The diagnostics that followed had to be terrifying for her too. I did not wait to get more furbabies. I was desperately trying to replace Ellie (how sad, pathetic, and wrong of me) since i didn't expect to lose her (which isn't an excuse for me trying to replace her with a sweet innocent puppy) at such a young age. The lady that i purchased Ellie from was still breeding Ellie's father, so i got a half sister of Ellie's. Her name is Hallie Mae. I also got a male from a breeder a few hours from me. She was having trouble finding a home for one of her male pups. He was 5 months old and had some emotional issues but Jake Roscoe is such a loyal lovebug! It took a while to form a bond with them but i was finally able to see them for who they are and love them because of it. Like you, my relationship is different with Jake and Hallie as my daughter has been in the picture for their entire lives, unlike with Jesse and Ellie. I am grateful for Jake and Hallie and love them dearly. Thanks again for your reply <3

Thank you so much. I was so in love with those babies and still get choked up thinking about everything my precious Ellie had to go through in her last few weeks of life. Watching her suffer from seizures just out of the blue, days after Jesse died, was extremely traumatic for me, so i can't imagine how awful it was for her. The diagnostics that followed had to be terrifying for her too. I did not wait to get more furbabies. I was desperately trying to replace Ellie (how sad, pathetic, and wrong of me) since i didn't expect to lose her (which isn't an excuse for me trying to replace her with a sweet innocent puppy) at such a young age. The lady that i purchased Ellie from was still breeding Ellie's father, so i got a half sister of Ellie's. Her name is Hallie Mae. I also got a male from a breeder a few hours from me. She was having trouble finding a home for one of her male pups. He was 5 months old and had some emotional issues but Jake Roscoe is such a loyal lovebug! It took a while to form a bond with them but i was finally able to see them for who they are and love them because of it. Like you, my relationship is different with Jake and Hallie as my daughter has been in the picture for their entire lives, unlike with Jesse and Ellie. I am grateful for Jake and Hallie and love them dearly. Thanks again for your reply <3
I’m sure they all know how dearly you love them. I don’t find your desire to have dogs again so soon at all pathetic. There’s something special about the relationships we form with them that human bonds don’t compare to. They are so much less complicated.

Nothing wrong with this at all. I took the opposite emotions, I lost my Misty (Siberian Husky 14 yrs old) and my Nannok (German Shepherd 6 yrs) to a type of pinched nerve that caused her to have no muscular control of her hind quarters within 3 weeks of each other and it absolutely broke me for 4 years. It took me almost 2 years before I could watch the Animal Planet channel vet shows (which I love watching) because it might have a dog that reminded me of these two. Said many times for years when asked if I was getting another dog, "I'm just not ready for another dog yet."

My adult daughter decided she wanted to get a Aussie puppy and when we visited the breeder to check her out and her us, I was in pure heaven being around the pups. We went up a second time to visit my daughter's 6 week old pup and got play even more with puppies. My wife and daughter decided that it was the happiest they'd seen me in a long time and that it was time for me to have another dog; heck I'm tearing up just writing about this.

What I didn't know was my wife had been secretly talking to the breeder about when the next liter was due and bought me an Aussie with a different male and female. Once my pup's liter was born, the wife surprised me by showing me the puppy pictures of my boy, Obi. We went to pick up my daughter's "Farynn" a couple of weeks later and I got to see my pup "Obi" but couldn't touch him because he was still to young and is Mom was still very protective. Needless to say I cried a little when I saw him. Then all this COVID mess started and the breeder was an ER RN and things got REALLY nuts. As a result the breeder had to make a decision if the liter was mature enough to leave before 9 weeks of age or if it was safer to wait longer than 12 weeks. The decision was made that the liter was advancing in maturity and basic house training, so we got him at 7 weeks of age.

When we picked him up, I took 2 weeks off from work, slept next to him in his crate most nights, and pretty much ignored everyone else.

Now Farryn along with my daughter now live with us due to a COVID lay-off and things have worked out pretty sweet with schedules and raising them together.

So, to make a long story short (too late now :lau ) , is that everyone is different in how they handle the loss of a pet. As long as you don't expect the new one to be the pet you lost and allow them to develop into their own person (I mean pet), it's all good.

Day four with an antolian/akbash puppy. We've decided on the name Ukon! Ukon has learned how to shake hands before he's learned how to sit lol. His version of playing is to repeatedly paw at you so it was pretty easy to teach him to shake hands. He does kind of know how to sit. If you stand up he will sit down and paw at you unlike any other puppy I've ever seen who would jump up at you to try to get your attention. He seems like an incredibly awsome little dog so far! I'll see if I can get pics of him soon!

I have 5 dogs, too many to post all their pics. They do great with the hens but Domino below is my hen bodyguard 😊

Attachments

• C5F60ACA-E1F2-4532-8495-652AD4B06769.jpeg
    C5F60ACA-E1F2-4532-8495-652AD4B06769.jpeg
    931.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom