Votes: 60 25.5%
  • I have 2

Votes: 63 26.8%
  • I have more 3 or more

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • None

Votes: 13 5.5%

• Total voters

These are my pups. They were both rescues. The little one was around 10 months, the big one we rescued when he was about 15 months old. They are roughly the same age. We got our ducks after these two. Raised the ducks around the dogs. Our dogs tend to give the ducks a wide space. Our ducks & dogs share the yard.

Last edited:
Does anyone else that has dogs & ducks have a problem/solution to keeping the dogs out of the duck food? The dogs tend to sneak over & eat up the duck food while the ducks are off foraging or swimming or napping.

Dogs can get samonella from eating raw eggs or.... We still let our dogs eat the raw eggs & have not had a problem. Just a heads up of something to be aware of & watch out for.

Dogs can get samonella from eating raw eggs or.... We still let our dogs eat the raw eggs & have not had a problem. Just a heads up of something to be aware of & watch out for.
they can but not generally. the speed of their digestive tract as well as their body chemistry makes them more able to deal with the various bacteria found in raw foods. Look at how canines can eat rotten meat without issue

I've got a puppy who has beagle, dachshund, and chihuahua in her,,,,, she can be a hassle sometimes and she's pretty nice to my ducks, but she plays to rough so they're really not around her a lot if I can help it lmao

Awwww
love.gif

These are my pups. They were both rescues. The little one was around 10 months, the big one we rescued when he was about 15 months old. They are roughly the same age. We got our ducks after these two. Raised the ducks around the dogs. Our dogs tend to give the ducks a wide space. Our ducks & dogs share the yard.
Cute!!! Rescues can be the sweetest lil' things!
love.gif

Does anyone else that has dogs & ducks have a problem/solution to keeping the dogs out of the duck food? The dogs tend to sneak over & eat up the duck food while the ducks are off foraging or swimming or napping.
I only feed my ducks in the morning and at night so that doesn't happen.

Hm. I give my dog every raw egg that I accidentally drop on the floor lol! He's tired of them!

I've got a puppy who has beagle, dachshund, and chihuahua in her,,,,, she can be a hassle sometimes and she's pretty nice to my ducks, but she plays to rough so they're really not around her a lot if I can help it lmao
Wow she sounds like a piece of work!
lau.gif
She also sounds very adorable!
love.gif

thats fair. i hope he finds a good home, tho
and german shepherds are pretty well tempered and intelligent, i think, so getting one would probably be fine but idk id do some research first

Back
Top Bottom