Dollhouse Miniatures, anyone?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by dancingsquirrel, Jul 18, 2011.

1. dancingsquirrel

dancingsquirrel Out Of The Brooder

I love to collect and make minis whenever I'm not watching the chickens eat mosquitoes off my legs, that is. Anyone else into minis?

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I didn't make dollhouse minis but I used to make mini tack for my model breyer horses. I did it a long time ago and I'd love to get back into it because I could probably do a much better job now! Here are a few of the things I made.

A barrel set. The stirrups are a bit long, but I always liked this one because it was black and purple!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was from a kit I think. I used the same pattern to make the others.
    [​IMG]

Red, white, and blue saddle with martingale.
    [​IMG]

The front. THe horn is supposed to stick up but it got squished down.
    [​IMG]

I also did some repainting. This one is my favorite. I did the rehair too, but didn't have the right stuff so I used what I had!
    [​IMG]

3. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I love your tack. I can't wait to show my daughter.

4. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    I love miniature things! I haven't made any in a few years, but here are some of the ones I've made in the past.

My favorite house

[​IMG]

My first attempt at a polymer clay doll. She has a really wide mouth, but I like her shoes!

[​IMG]

A chicken pie safe

[​IMG]

This is a copy of a full size cabinet that my sister in law painted for my house

[​IMG]

And this is my favorite of everything I've made. It's a replica of the "Blaze" ride-on toy I got for Christmas when I was 4. I still have the original full sized one. It was in my daughter's room when she was small so I made this little copy for her first dollhouse. It started out as a Breyer stablemate that I heated and bent and added onto, etc.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Love the doll house!! My DH and I started building one years ago, but the mice moved in and chewed it up before we ever got to finish it. [​IMG]

6. dancingsquirrel

dancingsquirrel Out Of The Brooder

Very crafty, y'all! [​IMG]
    Love the tack, what a cool idea.
    OMG I love the pie safe and cabinet.

7. Crooked House

Crooked House Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2014
    I love dollhouses! I have a lot of them but nearly all have been completed on a tight budget. I'm not really a collector. I like to make everything from the furnishings to the inhabitants. I especially love to do "trash to treasure" projects - everyone in my family collects odd bits of things for me. Can you use_____? (fill in the blank, lol)

I have a shop on Zibbet - Delightful Minis. That's also the name of my blog. I'm gathering ideas for my next project - a mini chicken coop. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by