Dominicker or Australorp roo????

Glad they're going to make it right for you. Bummer you have to order so many chicks
wink.png
You can always order some pullets with an eye toward reselling them!

Yeah donrae, you're right. I think the route I may take is sharing with friends. We have some friends and family that wants to have chickens and just have not acted on there desires. So if I order the chicks for them, they will have to take them. My wife never was really fond of birds of any kind, but we can spend hours just watching them browse for bugs and interact with each other and it's so enjoyable. We even have a few that we can call by name and they come running to my hand. I am planning on starting to raise meal worms for them, because they go coo-koo over some meal worms. The wife wants some ducks as well! I may use this to my advantage and get me a pond dug that I've been wanting for quite some time
lau.gif
yesss.gif
. That will serve a dual purpose, fishing in the back field and a quaint habitat for the new ducks. I love it when a plan comes together.

I may post a better pic of Rufus tomorrow to make sure he is a he. I a automatically assumed the the barred rock was a roo. It may be that it is a hen. His comb is not much larger than the australorps, however he/she has a totally different disposition.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom