Dominique Thread!

We have a local pet and supply store that will order Doms if we ask for them. They will order from Privett Hatchery even though there is a closer hatchery located within our state. Spring is the best time for hatcheries to fill orders because that seems to be the time when birds breed and hatch. We asked for Doms and within the week (it was August 1st when we asked) we were able to pickup our 3 Dom chicks at the store.
3 teeny-tiny kiddie pool chicks about 3-4 days old. We put a tan teddy bear for them to cuddle but it turned out unnecessary. Two chicks always cuddled with each other and one chick to this day prefers to be independent.
DSCN8248.JPG

@Winderdear Doms grow so fast, don't they? We learned to enjoy our chicks early and it just wasn't long enough!!! Sweetest most friendly outgoing talkative breed we ever had. They were never afraid or skittish and always ran up to us from the first day we got them! View attachment 3690006View attachment 3690007!

They go from tiny to teenage in such a short time, and then it seems like it takes forever for them to get to laying age! Not that I mind of course, because my Dominique is so loving she might as well be a lap dog. She loves to forage with the rest of the girls, but as soon as I sit down she is in my lap nestling her head under my arm. I can’t imagine a sweeter creature!

A75D24ED-0BB2-4B7D-912F-119E31D81706.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom