Dominique Thread!

well it took me a few days but I made it through all 350+ pages of this thread. :yesss:

I have another question. This one about the Dominique Club of America. I tried to print off the membership application & it says file not found. I don't do pay-pal so does anyone have any suggestions on how to join?

Thanks,
Junior

I have paid by check. They have not been sending me anything during the last year I was a member. A kick in the pants may be in order.

well it took me a few days but I made it through all 350+ pages of this thread.
yesss.gif

I have another question. This one about the Dominique Club of America. I tried to print off the membership application & it says file not found. I don't do pay-pal so does anyone have any suggestions on how to join?

Thanks,
Junior

Go to the meet us section of the webpage and contact either Julie Gupton or Suzette Ellington via email. It may take a little while but I am sure they can help you out.

centrarchid,
I was hoping the club had changed. I know a few years back they were suffering a general lack of interest but, after reading through this thread I thought I saw the President post here so I was thinking things had improved. I just want access to the breeders directory that alone is worth the price of dues.

I cant even imagine how much work goes into running a successful club so, please don't take this post as a complaint/gripe

Junior

centrarchid,
I was hoping the club had changed. I know a few years back they were suffering a general lack of interest but, after reading through this thread I thought I saw the President post here so I was thinking things had improved. I just want access to the breeders directory that alone is worth the price of dues.

I cant even imagine how much work goes into running a successful club so, please don't take this post as a complaint/gripe

Junior

The club is very active over on facebook but you have to be a dues paying member to access it. They have a newsletter that is pretty good but it is only sent out electronically. Only a handful of hard copies are sent out to a handful of old timers that don't do email or the internet. Going electronic has saved money that has been put back to to prize money for club members that show the breed.

Like I said earlier it may take a bit of time but they will eventually get back to you. It took almost 2 weeks for them to process my dues this year,

ridinshotgun,

thanks for the help.

when I do join the club I wont be on the facebook part. I don't do facebook either.........I think a lot that goes on there (facebook in general) is just a good excuse to hand out some butt whoopin's
gig.gif

It will be a challenge to interact with other members. I talk directly with Fred Farthing maybe twice annually. Other parties I would not be able to pick out of a crowd. My preference would be to also interact with other not so established parties as they face some of the same challenges. I am also interested in the free-range production side which conflicts with showing at many levels, although mostly with timing of early season breeding efforts and conditions provided by winter quarters.

It will be a challenge to interact with other members. I talk directly with Fred Farthing maybe twice annually. Other parties I would not be able to pick out of a crowd. My preference would be to also interact with other not so established parties as they face some of the same challenges. I am also interested in the free-range production side which conflicts with showing at many levels, although mostly with timing of early season breeding efforts and conditions provided by winter quarters.

right now showing is not at the top of my priority list either. I am just starting out and want "true to type" birds or as close as I can get. if I decide to show later i'll cross that bridge then.

I do want to have a limited type of free range system.........I have way too many predators around to go all out with free ranging.

Junior

I think they have switched to all electronic stuff...

but now I can't remember the last electronic info I got from them

Alaskan,

I wouldn't mind electronic newsletters. I assumed the breeders list & archived newsletters would be worth the dues.

speaking of the archived newsletters......am I right thinking they area good resource?

Back
Top Bottom