Dominique Thread!

Best layers I have are those black hens. Do not keep chicks from them as a small percentage may look somewhat game. My first generation hybrid with American Dominique hen bred to American Game rooster has all males that are decidedly darker than pure American Dominique males. The hybrid males generally have some color bleed through.

Best layers I have are those black hens. Do not keep chicks from them as a small percentage may look somewhat game. My first generation hybrid with American Dominique hen bred to American Game rooster has all males that are decidedly darker than pure American Dominique males. The hybrid males generally have some color bleed through.

Im afraid those fellows will probably be dinner.

Does anyone have any good pictures of ideal combs on dominique hens and roosters?

The photos/sketches by Schilling are the best ideal.

Just got a new phone so I'm posting all the photos I couldn't before! A couple of my Dom's. I've got 1 good body and 1 good comb and 2 good personalities. I'd love to breed these some day if I ever come across a good rooster that's not aggressive, but for now I'm focusing on Ameraucanas. I just love the ladies but haven't had good luck with the roosters. I had two trios at one point, but these are my last two girls.

Back
Top Bottom