Dominique Thread!

Pics
In a few weeks I am going to be hatching some Icelandic eggs, but would like to purchase some Dom eggs for later part of May, probably a dozen, if you have heritage quality Doms please pm me.

Quote:
Yea I saw them in the auction. Wish I was brave enough to bid on them. Quality stock there. The best of luck with your eggs!

I have chicks in the big kids brooder from NYREDS stock. A friend hatched them & heard I was looking for them.
smile.png
They're about 5 weeks old now & it looks like I either have 5 cockerels & 7 pullets or 6 of each -- either of which is fine with me. I'm going to have to go by more than headspots & feather pattern. One is smaller & somedays it looks male, others not so much. I'm just thrilled to have them!

Color sexing of chicks not accurate with all lines of dominiques. based on appearance of 1-2 day olds, two on left look appear female. base on same birds at 2 weeks, two look male. Mark them to see what gender they truely are. Some of my lines are very reliably sexed by coloration at at hatch, others definantly not. Get to know your line.

Back
Top Bottom